dvd double din

so I have a 2014 ltz with all the bells but I wanted to add apple car play, I know you can update the units from a newer Silverado, thing is I would have to spend around 600 just to update the factory radio aka finding both boxes getting them programed to the vin, new chargers. but I figure if I was gonna spend that much money why not throw a couple hundred more for a aftermarket radio and have better sound, I've always had aftermarket stereos in my cars and trucks and it always made better sound on the stock speakers and more options to customize, so I thing im concerted about is losing the factory options putting on heat or ac the seats when auto started or lighting or folding mirrors and so on, all the vehicle settings, I know they sell kits to plug in so you can still get the factory settings threw the steering wheel but I don't have those in the vehicle setting threw the small screen. so I guess im asking the people who have made the swap to a aftermarket stereo and what are the features you lose? 

You mentioned a couple hundred more but a decent DVD player with navigation is a grand and then yes will need to have all the goodies changed out. You will need metra or pac modules to get back steering controls, on star, then you will need new m radio control, and if you want all the usbs to work the. Will have to splice into them. All of that is approx 1500 plus then you want better interior speakers bc most aftermarket decks will blow factory speakers. So min another 3-400 on the low end for new door speakers.

So just make sure what your gonna do look at the full cost and if you don’t do the add ons you can lose all the factory options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Csjumper2003 said:

You mentioned a couple hundred more but a decent DVD player with navigation is a grand and then yes will need to have all the goodies changed out. You will need metra or pac modules to get back steering controls, on star, then you will need new m radio control, and if you want all the usbs to work the. Will have to splice into them. All of that is approx 1500 plus then you want better interior speakers bc most aftermarket decks will blow factory speakers. So min another 3-400 on the low end for new door speakers.

So just make sure what your gonna do look at the full cost and if you don’t do the add ons you can lose all the factory options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your right, I have been looking into this and found a nice kenwwod DVD player For around 700 and I’m not worried about Navi or onstar I don’t use, I use apple car play a lot and there Navi is way better and I’ve been looking on crutchfield they sell all the adapters for 300 and that’s to keep all the stock settings for the steering wheel, so yes about a 1000 for a new deck, when trying to upgrade a stock deck for 650 and it’s still stock, so I guess I’m a little confused on the factory car settings you get with the stock deck like auto start setting and auto lock and so on basically the truck settings. You don’t get those setting threw the steering wheel controls