TPMS - Front Passenger Isn't reading.

Driving to work, got a Service TPMS light on, followed by blinking dummy light.

Scrolled to TPMS screen and it shows all the pressure for each tire BUT the passenger front tire (just dashes). Checked the pressure manually and it shows 60 (exactly where i have my tires at).

Can I just relearn the TPMS or is the sensor actually broken since it doesn't even show a number? 

Just asking the forum before I take the next steps

Battery is weak / dead in that sensor. If you want to stall, wait for the temp to warm up, do a relearn and you may get a little more time out of it.

Sent from the demons in my head

10 minutes ago, dplarson said:

Battery is weak / dead in that sensor. If you want to stall, wait for the temp to warm up, do a relearn and you may get a little more time out of it.

Battery weak/dead? 2017 Silverado.

Thought those things were suppose to last 6-8 years  lol

I had one sensor in my Suburban that would show --- everytime the weather cooled off but in the afternoon it worked fine.

One time it didn't come back so I did a reprogram when it warmed up. Worked for a while then eventually it quit and the battery was just dead.

One died the rest are still going. Go figure.

• Like 1

brand new 19 sierra elevation...1000km on it thus far and yesterday the tpms sensor warning light started to go bonkers...first it was just dashes for driver front tire...and then it became every tire not reporting except for passenger front! It was spotty though...would periodically go back to normal and then back out again...

If this helps others troubleshoot, up until yesterday i didnt have any of these problems...what changed? My two daughters and myself using electronic devices in the car for a prolonged drive. They were on their ipads and i was using google maps...all three of us using the free months trial of in car onstar data. 

I dont know too much about these sensors but assume they are communicating with ECU wirelessly...maybe bluetooth?. Could this problem be the result of too much electronic interference? Im going to continue to monitor this to see if indeed there is a correlation before i bring it to the dealers attention..