Engine or possibly transmission chirping

So this started pretty recently, I just rebuilt the engine and I’m getting this chirping sound, it increase and decreases with engine rpm so I’m Fairly certain it is a moving part either internal or in the transmission. I thought it was a belt or pulley but I pulled all the belts and the harmonic balancer and the sound didn’t go away. If anyone recognizes this sound please help, I’ve spent over a week trying to figure this out. It sounds like it is coming from either the back of the engine or transmission, that is where the sound is loudest 

Edited by Declan Dea

I suppose you could disconnect the torque converter from the flex plate, push it back a little bit and have the engine free spin. If the noise is still there it would be inside the engine.

I've heard lifters make that noise. Sometimes the roller ends up being stuck and could wipe out the camshaft.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:11 PM, Declan Dea said:

So this started pretty recently, I just rebuilt the engine and I’m getting this chirping sound, it increase and decreases with engine rpm so I’m Fairly certain it is a moving part either internal or in the transmission. I thought it was a belt or pulley but I pulled all the belts and the harmonic balancer and the sound didn’t go away. If anyone recognizes this sound please help, I’ve spent over a week trying to figure this out. It sounds like it is coming from either the back of the engine or transmission, that is where the sound is loudest 

IMG_5809.MOV 2.09 MB · 3 downloads

I melted a piston after a race once that sounded like that.