2019 Silverado Sun visor removal

Hello, I have a 2019 Chevy Silverado and I am wondering how I can move the one little clip from the sun visor. I’m a volunteer firefighter and I am trying to install my visor lights on there but I need to remove that clip to see if I can slide my bracket behind it. Photo attached is the clip thing I’m talking about.

050B4704-5FB6-485D-B63E-56F5995FC994.jpeg

I am having the same exact problem. I bought a Feniex bar with the vehicle specific bracket and they claim it fits. I even spot with one of their installers/engineers today and he said he has gotten the bracket between the clip and the headliner. I laughed...

Christian, I finally got it! Brute force wins. If you rock it side to side, and pull down you will loose it enough to side the bracket under. It eventually will come out.

See this video. Yes, it is the wrong model year, but it is the same design on the new 2019/2020s.  

Onto the next challenge:  bending the brackets to fit the new angle of the windshield...

On 10/29/2019 at 8:15 PM, Christian Welch said:

I finally got my visor lights up. I loosened it just enough to be able to slide the bracket under it. It took some force though lol but I got it. 78E8C2A2-FE87-4211-9C8D-1F6EBF4604F3.thumb.jpeg.282964ca332208a97d3b12eff679be55.jpeg

Looks great!  I finally convinced Feniex that I have the wrong brackets. That only took 2+ weeks of calling and emailing. Now I just have to wait for the new ones.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes.  That's the feniex bracket.  I'll try and grab a pic of mine.  I have the fusion.  It was extremely hard to get in place, but doable.  You can take the screw out, be very careful with opening the tab for the screw, but then there is no obvious way to tilt or maneuver anything to get it to loosen up.  I barely was able to inch the bracket under and into place.  I would love to know how the visor clip is removed.  Would make it so much easier to install.  Hopefully you got past this by now, but I'll snap a pic and post if I can.  The other bracket for the other side of the visor is easier to figure out, but a bit complicated still.  Take a pic or two before it comes all apart.  Again, hopefully you got this by now.

I got a couple of pics.  Driver's side.

505537910_2020-01-0121_54_32-Window.thumb.png.8ee6c19eb7adcead83e9627eac2d9b30.png

1235233835_2020-01-0121_55_20-Window.thumb.png.f04e0f2cacb4eee15bb6c42a6f6cce87.png

Edited by Steve Martin
add pic
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...