Blackout Project started today

On 11/9/2019 at 1:21 PM, bass mechanic said:

ok so i finally got both sides done. what do you guys think?

next wheels and need to do something with the chrome step, i don't know if i want to black it out or put some other kind of step on it.

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

@bass mechanic I notice you're in the springs too, I'm picking up A black Denali this weekend and may have to commission you for some blackout wrapping help if you are open to helping.

Ill supply beer ??

[mention=130725]bass mechanic[/mention] I notice you're in the springs too, I'm picking up A black Denali this weekend and may have to commission you for some blackout wrapping help if you are open to helping.

Ill supply beer [emoji1303]

Sweet may have to take u up on that! I just need to find some time, I’m running 3 businesses and trying to get my basement finished. Send me your number we will connect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, bass mechanic said:

Sweet may have to take u up on that! I just need to find some time, I’m running 3 businesses and trying to get my basement finished. Send me your number we will connect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@bass mechanic 10-4 will do. Appreciate it man, never attempted wrapping anything and don't want my first bout to be on a truck worth Moree than my other two vehicles lol. Self employment is a struggle these days, glad to see im not the only one all over the place. Ill shoot you my number in a PM

On 6/11/2020 at 8:48 PM, bass mechanic said:

looks good! did you take it apart yourself?

how hard was it?

I helped do the door handles. I let the door latch lock go and had to figure out how to bring the latch back to catch the handle though. That sucks.. don’t do that. I also wrapped a few of the chrome parts on the center console area. The sun glare was intense. The cup holder ring, and the two side pieces with wood trim. They just pop out. 
For the rest my neighbor had me drop it off at his shop, so it was super easy haha. It took him and one other guy 1-1/2 days to complete the rest. They said it was harder than it seemed to take off all the other parts. I don’t know if they only worked on my truck the entire time either. Are you planning on doing it all by yourself?

Edited by KuiMonster
Added text

I helped do the door handles. I let the door latch lock go and had to figure out how to bring the latch back to catch the handle though. That sucks.. don’t do that. I also wrapped a few of the chrome parts on the center console area. The sun glare was intense. The cup holder ring, and the two side pieces with wood trim. They just pop out. 
For the rest my neighbor had me drop it off at his shop, so it was super easy haha. It took him and one other guy 1-1/2 days to complete the rest. They said it was harder than it seemed to take off all the other parts. I don’t know if they only worked on my truck the entire time either. Are you planning on doing it all by yourself?
Definitely a pain in the a$$ once you let that latch go. Ended up un screwing the torx screw to far and it came out after the latch let go. Had to take the entire part out from inside the door to put it back together. Lesson learned. Will never make that mistake again.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 8:04 AM, inquenciocha said:

I also have a set of all black steps from my AT4. Had them on for a couple weeks until I switched them out. Just sitting in the garage, PM me if interested... Phoenix area

20190926_181249.jpg

Adam - Do you still have these available for sale? Thanks.