Rattle in 5.3 engine at cold start up

Since recently buying a 2016 Sierra 1500 with a 5.3 engine I have discovered a couple of unusual sounds in this engine that I am not used to hearing but according to the folks here they are not out of the ordinary. I have been hearing one other sound though that I want to ask y'all about and that is when it is started after sitting all night. For  a split second there is a sound that seems to me to be the sound of main bearings rattling and then it goes away quickly. This truck has 42,000 miles on it and has been meticulously maintained so I wouldn't think it is the mains but am wondering if others here have the same type sound in your engines. Thank you for your input. I have only owned diesel pickups for years so am having to get used to this gas burner.

d

I hear mine every cool morning. Noise started around 15,000 miles and I am at 242000 miles now.  I brought it in several times while it was under warranty, told me its normal.  I worried about it but it's never been a problem other than the lifters clacking until enough oil gets going.  

Edited by lrtexasman

Most likely lifter noise.

I had the piston slap noise on my 01  Silverado that everyone was freaking out about back in the day and stopped it by going to a heavier oil.

Switching from 5-30 to 10-30 stopped it as the heavier oil clings to the parts for a longer period of time.