Rattle in 5.3 engine at cold start up

Since buying my 2016 Sierra 1500 I have had to get used to some noises in the engine that I am not used to but the folks here say they are normal. I have one more noise that It is making that I would like to ask you guys about. After sitting all night when I start it there is a rattle that sounds like the main bearings. It stops instantly and I would like to know if any of you have experienced this. This truck has 42,000 miles on it and has been meticulously maintained and I wouldn't think it could be the mains making this noise but I am still getting used to these gas engines coming from diesels...

23 minutes ago, bulldog77 said:

Since buying my 2016 Sierra 1500 I have had to get used to some noises in the engine that I am not used to but the folks here say they are normal. I have one more noise that It is making that I would like to ask you guys about. After sitting all night when I start it there is a rattle that sounds like the main bearings. It stops instantly and I would like to know if any of you have experienced this. This truck has 42,000 miles on it and has been meticulously maintained and I wouldn't think it could be the mains making this noise but I am still getting used to these gas engines coming from diesels...

Were you included in the vacuum pump replacement recall? (VIN number of truck)

2 hours ago, bulldog77 said:

JimCost2014, I have only had this truck for 3 weeks so I don't know anything about this recall. How do I find out if it is in the recall?

A couple of ways, download the MyChevy App on your phone, and plug in all of the info, including VIN, and you can check for recall there.

You can check with your dealer, if it were a GM lot, and they can tell you what TSB's and recalls have been done.

You can also go to the Chevrolet.com site, scroll down to the bottom of the page, right hand side, click on owner center, it will take you a page to do the same as the phone app, and you can check there.