XM Antenna

anrios

Does anyone know of a template for the location of factory XM antenna? Or... does anyone know of an aftermarket, low profile, permanent mount antenna that can be placed on a flat section of the roof? My truck didn’t come with Onstar or XM, but I switched out my radio module for one with XM, the only thing I don’t like is that it came with a magnetic antenna. If I went with factory shark fin; what part number would it be? If you look at the part online there are options for Onstar, satellite radio, and digital radio...I only have XM, no Onstar.

40 minutes ago, anrios said:

Does anyone know of a template for the location of factory XM antenna? Or... does anyone know of an aftermarket, low profile, permanent mount antenna that can be placed on a flat section of the roof? My truck didn’t come with Onstar or XM, but I switched out my radio module for one with XM, the only thing I don’t like is that it came with a magnetic antenna. If I went with factory shark fin; what part number would it be? If you look at the part online there are options for Onstar, satellite radio, and digital radio...I only have XM, no Onstar.

"Be careful what you ask for."   The factory antenna creates a potential for leaks.  I have experienced this problem twice with my current truck.  A magnetic antenna sounds pretty good, imo!

20 hours ago, Donstar said:

"Be careful what you ask for."   The factory antenna creates a potential for leaks.  I have experienced this problem twice with my current truck.  A magnetic antenna sounds pretty good, imo!

I know, I've read the posts, and seen the videos about leaks. Yet, there are also a bunch of trucks out there without leaks. I also have a 2007 Tahoe; no leaks, or problems of any kind...

• 2 years later...

My 19 Chevy Silverado didn't come with XM, but I was thinking about putting one in, does anyone know if there is a wire already set up under the dash for that module from the factory fin, even though I don't have xm?  Also ANRIOS mentioned swapping out radio modules, can you swap in a better radio module or info tainment module and it work in the truck?