Banks Input

I just purchased the Derringer with the iDash for my 2019 GMC Sierra 2500 HD CC 4x4 with the 6.6 dmax. 

After watching the How to Engineer the Perfect Differential Cover video, I also placed an order for a diff cover, but they are on back order for a couple of months.

Question for the group, thoughts on the diff cover? Good? Or re-direct that money into a Bank's Ram Air Intake?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 10:35 AM, WillDiet said:

I just purchased the Derringer with the iDash for my 2019 GMC Sierra 2500 HD CC 4x4 with the 6.6 dmax. 

After watching the How to Engineer the Perfect Differential Cover video, I also placed an order for a diff cover, but they are on back order for a couple of months.

Question for the group, thoughts on the diff cover? Good? Or re-direct that money into a Bank's Ram Air Intake?

Regular fluid changes with quality fluid will go a lot farther in protecting your rear diff than an overpriced cover.  As for the power adders, I don't have much input there, as I don't use them.  I bought my L5P because it's a beast in stock form, and I've yet to run into a situation where I felt like it needed more power.  Good luck with your decision, but I'd take that money and route it into my retirement account or paying off some debt.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

@WillDiet I have the iDash, derringer, and banks intake on my ‘19 Silverado 3500. Not the dif cover, yet. What I can tell you about my set up so far is I feel a completely different truck from stock. My milage is up on long drives. I enjoy being able to monitor all my temps and such (wt model). I’m a believer in “ I’d rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.” My opinion is you can’t go wrong with anything banks has to offer. 

On 2/3/2020 at 3:35 PM, Mdmartin3z said:

@WillDiet I have the iDash, derringer, and banks intake on my ‘19 Silverado 3500. Not the dif cover, yet. What I can tell you about my set up so far is I feel a completely different truck from stock. My milage is up on long drives. I enjoy being able to monitor all my temps and such (wt model). I’m a believer in “ I’d rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.” My opinion is you can’t go wrong with anything banks has to offer. 

Have you ever considered that the mileage increase  you’re seeing isn’t accurate as a result of how the Banks inline tuner operates? Is the increase you’re seeing hand calculated?