Auxiliary reverse lights

Dersch

Was looking for people who have extra reverse lights and how they like them. I am looking at a few options right now. 

One option is by ZROADZ is about $160 and it comes with brackets/ 6" mini light bars that apparently attach to factory holes. Here's the link https://zroadz.com/i-23909954-2014-2018-silverado-sierra-1500-rear-bumper-led-kit-incl-2-6-inch-led-straight-double-row-light-bars-pn-z382082-kit.html#!year%3D2015||make%3DCHEVROLET||model%3DSILVERADO 1500

Second option is by IJDMTOY its 7.5" light bars with brackets and these appear to attach more central. No link so I added a screenshot. 

Last option would be to add a slim one row led light bar to it  I think I could get it pretty hidden where you dont see much of it but it still shines well. Probably like a 30" or so. 

Thoughts? What are you all running? I've already got Led reverse lights and a led tailgate light bar but my trucks lifted and i feel like a lot of time I can barely see. 

Screenshot_20191124-073401_eBay.jpg

36 minutes ago, wforrest08 said:

Someday when I get around to it I’m going to put a set in the bumper step like in this thread.

IMO this puts the light where it’s needed and nothing hanging below the bumper to get knocked off or broke.

That actually does look clean which I like. But I dont know if itll give enough light off to the sides though. 

I definitely know what you mean about protecting the underside cause of stuff hitting them but I dont offroad this truck or anything otherwise I would be worried.

3 minutes ago, sballmann45 said:

I would recommend flush mount cubes. I use them everyday to hook up to a trailer. I bought them from superbrightleds.com with a harness. Only issue was that I had to extend the harness to get it to reach. 

20191109_174050.jpg

That's my ideal honestly but those not being exactly centered in the bumper space would actually drive me nuts cause of my OCD.

34 minutes ago, Dersch said:

That's my ideal honestly but those not being exactly centered in the bumper space would actually drive me nuts cause of my OCD.

I see what you mean. I had to put them there because of the bumper brackets on the back and because that is the flattest spot I could put them. 

10 minutes ago, sballmann45 said:

I see what you mean. I had to put them there because of the bumper brackets on the back and because that is the flattest spot I could put them. 

Definitely understand. I actually bought flush mount pods to do that exact thing. I had them on my old RAM and they were great. But when I went to do the install like you said i ran into the issue of the brackets on the rear bumper not allowing me to center everything. I have seen one member who did have them centered up and it looked great I'm just not sure how he did it 

I have a pair of 1600 lumens led rectangular floods under of my rear bumper.  I purchased them from Strobes n More (looks like the x1600 I purchased is presently out of stock), but they do have 600 lumens and 3100 lumens models right now. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLED6lCgAf4

I was able to attach the U bracket to the existing bolt under the bumper, probably just a bit outboard of the mid point, so I didn't need to do any drilling, but it won't be exactly centered which you seem to want.  I purchased a 7 pin wiring harness extension kit also, to tap in to for power.  Behind the rear number, you can remove the existing plug from your 7 pin harness, and then this has 2 parts, one that connects to your truck wiring and the other that plugs into the back of the 7 pin receptacle on the bumper.  There is then a pigtail end that you can use to tie in for power, this is the same product as the $35 extra wiring harness that you can order from the factory but will be cheaper aftermarket. 

End result was 3200 lumens of lights on my back bumper that will come on when in reverse, and I had to do zero drilling and no cutting of factory wires on the truck.

Edited by captadamnj

12 minutes ago, captadamnj said:

I have a pair of 1600 lumens led rectangular floods under of my rear bumper.  I purchased them from Strobes n More (looks like the x1600 I purchased is presently out of stock), but they do have 600 lumens and 3100 lumens models right now. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLED6lCgAf4

I was able to attach the U bracket to the existing bolt under the bumper, probably just a bit outboard of the mid point, so I didn't need to do any drilling, but it won't be exactly centered which you seem to want.  I purchased a 7 pin wiring harness extension kit also, to tap in to for power.  Behind the rear number, you can remove the existing plug from your 7 pin harness, and then this has 2 parts, one that connects to your truck wiring and the other that plugs into the back of the 7 pin receptacle on the bumper.  There is then a pigtail end that you can use to tie in for power, this is the same product as the $35 extra wiring harness that you can order from the factory but will be cheaper aftermarket. 

End result was 3200 lumens of lights on my back bumper that will come on when in reverse, and I had to do zero drilling and no cutting of factory wires on the truck.

Do you have a pic from the back side? I dont mind if they arent centered underneath as like as they are equally spaced since underneath they are probably well hidden. 

I've thought about going this route too actually with the square lights. 

For the harness I wont need that actually. My led tailgate lightbar is wired into an actual 7 prong trailer harness that plugs right into my factory trailer plug. Allows me to not spice anything or alter anything from the factory

4 minutes ago, captadamnj said:

The 600 lumen lights are considerably smaller...3 leds in a single row...i have them on a backrack used as cargo lights...if used as reverse lights under the bumper it would be a smaller footprint...but not sure how far you hope to illuminate...

Definitely would be a smaller footprint... looking at one of these 2 possibly and then like someone said use a factory bolt. 

Not looking to have them be super crazy but with tinted windows and a lifted truck definitely need more light 

Screenshot_20191124-165816_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20191124-165827_eBay.jpg