Who has a plow?

Thanks for clarifying. Would you agree that the Alaskan edition would be the best suited if you are ordering a plow truck?

15 hours ago, MTU Alum said:

Alaskan does not come with plow mount.  Chevrolet teamed up with boss for that media event.

#iworkforGM 

Thanks for clarifying. Would you agree that the Alaskan edition would be the best suited if you are ordering a plow truck?

The Alaskan just gives u the same packages u can pick with a regular order and u get a decal put on the bed of the truck....not something I would want

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

I was wondering what the wiring harness does to help the electricial situation on a 2020. <y secondary battery keeps going dead after about 40minutes, chevy forgot to install harness so took it in to have it put on. But I dont think it would help? It says it helps only with black out on the center screen. But Boss says it will help with battery issues? I have the dual batteries with the 220 alternator without the second alternator, maybe that was a mistake.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2019 at 8:16 AM, deluter said:

Just got the plow all set up on the new beast!

I was surprised at how very little they had to cut into the air dam on the front. Front end design is much more plow friendly when compared to previous generations. I also can't even see the plow lights over the hood because the truck is so tall.

Bring on the snow!

2020 AT4HD 6.6L Duramax Dark Sky Metallic 

Boss DXT 8'2"

IMG_0622.jpg

Any pics of the front end with the plow mount only?

• 10 months later...

On 11/28/2019 at 11:23 AM, L86 All Terrain said:

Nice unit man. Those stainless plows are nice and light. I have stainless 8' Fisher XT V-plow on a 2015 Silverado with a Truck-Craft aluminum dump bed/sander. Just ordered a Caterpillar 950M with a 12-18' 6-way AMI plow with the new "fluid edge" which should be ready for pick-up tomorrow or early next week. And I have a 2015 John Deere 644K with a 12-18' AMI plow and snow tires also. I have over 20 contracts for this year for plowing and sanding. If anyone needs and help or questions with snow removal work I would be happy to help you out.  

Boss 8'2'  Stainless is actually heavier based on BOSS web spec sheet::   Poly: 795 lb      Stainless :  823 lb      Steel : 785 lb

https://www.bossplow.com/en/products/truck-equipment/power-v-xt-plow                                      Here's my 2011 Sierra 2500HD w/8-2 boss VXT- bought a 2019 GMC 3500HD last year and put the mount on it so I could use plow on  on either truck        

Edited by Steam
add pic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Brendan Stewart said:

I was going to put a Fisher on my 2023 Denali until I found out how much of the bumper would need to be cut off to make it work... I started to notch the valance... Until I realized how much cutting would be needed to get the MM2 plow frame on...

w0j1IHNvz1402ANq4qRG683TTXw980-DiBoKAoNDJkM.jpg

Why on earth would you think it was a good idea to put a plow on a Denali 1500?  No plow prep, and they have those active shocks.    

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, newdude said:

Why on earth would you think it was a good idea to put a plow on a Denali 1500?  No plow prep, and they have those active shocks.    

From his profile background picture, looks like a plow may be connected to his 1500. I'm speechless 🤣

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/25/2023 at 2:19 PM, Brendan Stewart said:

Ok hard dude. People put plows in 1500s all the time. I don't have a business. It's for my own driveway.

They do, but you've got the wrong 1500 for the job.  A more money than brains scenario here rather, the 85K truck that by no means is set up or intended to plow with.  

• Like 2