Who has a plow?

Just got the plow all set up on the new beast!

I was surprised at how very little they had to cut into the air dam on the front. Front end design is much more plow friendly when compared to previous generations. I also can't even see the plow lights over the hood because the truck is so tall.

Bring on the snow!

2020 AT4HD 6.6L Duramax Dark Sky Metallic 

Boss DXT 8'2"

IMG_0622.jpg

• Like 2

Nice unit man. Those stainless plows are nice and light. I have stainless 8' Fisher XT V-plow on a 2015 Silverado with a Truck-Craft aluminum dump bed/sander. Just ordered a Caterpillar 950M with a 12-18' 6-way AMI plow with the new "fluid edge" which should be ready for pick-up tomorrow or early next week. And I have a 2015 John Deere 644K with a 12-18' AMI plow and snow tires also. I have over 20 contracts for this year for plowing and sanding. If anyone needs and help or questions with snow removal work I would be happy to help you out.  

I am looking to mount my plow up this weekend.  I couldn't find the emergency/beacon switch. it says the wiring is in the roof. My 2018 had it in the roof cluster.  the truck is equip with the snow plow prep package. I really didn't want to put a surface mount switch for the plow lights.  Did you have any luck finding it?

Edited by Rw9753

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw this on my IG feed today. Not my truck, I visit the snow often but don’t live in it. No plow for me.

a9b7fd78ded644ad72b51d2a91c561ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/7/2020 at 9:20 PM, mkeddie said:

Saw that
Was looking for some people's thoughts on cutting and leaving the piece on or removing it completely

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I took the middle piece on the bottom completely off. Easier, doesn't expose anything vital really & no fears of losing functionality. The mount looks way close to the ground but was only about 1/2" low per Boss specs. I'm running a 9'2" v-plow

plow mount.jpg

On 12/3/2019 at 12:10 AM, Rw9753 said:

I am looking to mount my plow up this weekend.  I couldn't find the emergency/beacon switch. it says the wiring is in the roof. My 2018 had it in the roof cluster.  the truck is equip with the snow plow prep package. I really didn't want to put a surface mount switch for the plow lights.  Did you have any luck finding it?

Does your truck have the aux upfitter switches to left if steering wheel?  If not you can use this bulletin to tap into the existing wiring that is in roof. Depending if you have a spoiler or not, May involve some drilling....

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/1329/UI Bulletin_157.pdf

Does your truck have the aux upfitter switches to left if steering wheel?  If not you can use this bulletin to tap into the existing wiring that is in roof. Depending if you have a spoiler or not, May involve some drilling....

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/1329/UI Bulletin_157.pdf
That was from dec 3rd I assumed he probably found his answer

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

On 1/20/2020 at 7:56 AM, Pate Services said:

Do you have any pictures of the truck without the plow on it? I would love to see how the brackets and plug connection location looks on the 2020. I run a Boss plow on my older GM and plan on ordering a 2020 3500HD in the upcoming weeks. I wonder how much trimming if any is needed. Thanks

Does the Alaskan edition come with a Boss mount already installed? There was a TFL video on it the other day. Would probably be an easier route to take if you are ordering a truck. 

Edited by L86 All Terrain

7 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Does the Alaskan edition come with a Boss mount already installed? There was a TFL video on it the other day. Would probably be an easier route to take if you are ordering a truck. 

Alaskan does not come with plow mount.  Chevrolet teamed up with boss for that media event.

#iworkforGM