Filter Intervals

Coming up on 40k miles and a couple of questions related to filter intervals on my 2016 LML.

I bought my truck from a dealer that does lifetime oil and filter changes with a dedicated diesel mechanic so oil/filter is every 5k.  Usually ends up around 35% on the gauge.

For the fuel filter, I planned to follow the gauge but found some conflicting information.  I went ahead and did the fuel filter at 30k because honestly, I cant figure out what you are supposed to do.  the manual states 22,500 miles or two years but at 30k miles and almost 3 years the gauge was at over 50%.

For the transmission, I haven't changed the spin on yet.  Manual seems to refer to 45k for spin on and then a full service at 90k.  I'm not towing a lot and my transmission temps are under 100 degrees most of the time.  Does that seem right?

I was going to do transfer case/diffs at 50k (understood those aren't filters :))

On 11/30/2019 at 6:24 PM, 07BlueSierra said:

Coming up on 40k miles and a couple of questions related to filter intervals on my 2016 LML.

I bought my truck from a dealer that does lifetime oil and filter changes with a dedicated diesel mechanic so oil/filter is every 5k.  Usually ends up around 35% on the gauge.

For the fuel filter, I planned to follow the gauge but found some conflicting information.  I went ahead and did the fuel filter at 30k because honestly, I cant figure out what you are supposed to do.  the manual states 22,500 miles or two years but at 30k miles and almost 3 years the gauge was at over 50%.

For the transmission, I haven't changed the spin on yet.  Manual seems to refer to 45k for spin on and then a full service at 90k.  I'm not towing a lot and my transmission temps are under 100 degrees most of the time.  Does that seem right?

I was going to do transfer case/diffs at 50k (understood those aren't filters :))

Fuel filter should be changed the earliest of:

22,500 miles (36,000km)

2 years

0% on DIC 

If you drive a lot it's likely to be miles.

If you drive a little it's likely to be time.

If you get some dirty fuel it's likely to be %.

If you prefer to use the 'severe service' schedule the first trans fluid and external filter change is at 45,000 miles, then 90k intervals.