Android Auto - phone just started not connecting

Has anyone had issues where the phone will now stop connecting to the infotainment?  Worked fine the other day, then it randomly wouldn't connect and then connected, and this morning wouldn't connect at all?  I'm connecting through the USB-C.  It also said I was slow charging, but then started to charge.  I'm leaning towards a cable issue, and I'm going to try swapping out cables for the regular USB cable this afternoon, but was wondering if anyone else was having problems.  Samsung Galaxy S9.

Seems like mine does what you describe... every time there is an update, and/or the truck has set  a few days. Powering it off/on with it plugged into the truck works most times. Sometimes recycling the power to both. 

Best,

John 

2017 Silverado LT

Samsung S7

The USB-C didn't work this morning, the standard USB did.  I'm still not convinced it's the cable though, I'll try gain this afternoon.  I unplugged the cables I wonder if there is some sort of charging effect going on if I leave the cables plugged in all the time?  Unfortunate nature of the beast, as we get more and more complicated vehicles with more electronics the sensitivity to charging and electrostatic is huge...