Puddle Light Question

I have a 2014 SLT with DL3 mirrors. My puddle lights only come on at night when I unlock the truck.

My brother has a 2018 LTZ with DL3 mirrors and his puddle lights also turn on if you open the door while the truck is still on, lets say if you put it in park and get out of the truck.  Is there a way to make mine do the same? Maybe as easy as the simple diode mods done for other lights?

I did that with my '15 LTZ.  I have all of my diodes installed stripe end first.  The '18s are programmed that way.  With the diode (as listed below), if you turn on your interior lights, your puddle lights will come on too.  Unfortunately, I lost my '15 in a head-on collision (July 2018), before I could tinker around with the diode setup to find another way to do this without the interior lights switch turning them on.  Somewhere, I have a post with a list of what all will turn on the puddle lights with the diode in this configuration.  Pretty much anything that will turn ON *ALL* Interior Lights, will turn ON the Puddles, but NOT any one or all individual Interior Lights SwitchS. 

Puddle Lights wired to doors. Ran 1N4004 diode from Interior Lights (BCM-GRY-1) to Puddle Lights (BCM-GRY-8). (Aug17)

Edited by Ravenkeeper
Added more information.
  • Like 1