Air dam/deflector damaged

Hey everyone.

I've got a 2017 Silverado LTZ.  I some how how managed to damage my air dam/deflector under my bumper.  Instead of purchasing a new one does anyone have an easy fix to get it back on?  I've got a couple pics attached.  The actual clip broke off and a part of the plastic where the clip was attached.  It's part 23496677

IMG_20191202_160916.jpg

Hey everyone.

I've got a 2017 Silverado LTZ.  I some how how managed to damage my air dam/deflector under my bumper.  Instead of purchasing a new one does anyone have an easy fix to get it back on?  I've got a couple pics attached.  The actual clip broke off and a part of the plastic where the clip was attached.  It's part 23496677
IMG_20191202_160916.thumb.jpg.a27d5b257c04663700c9fb12c3669b2b.jpg

Take it off, will look better without it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I took the lower part off of mine and like the look, as it doesn't look so low to the ground. I think it was about 15 screws.  So far as the damage - my son did something similar to his 07.  We just added a fender washer under the plastic and reattached it.  If necessary, you may need to use a small bolt through the washer.

Remove it or replace it, imo.  This is a body part and shouldn't be tied on with straps or miscellaneous nuts and bolts. (unless temporary)   As a general rule, it doesn't matter if my repairs are not seen by others. I know the quality of repair and that is what matters.  You also don't want future potential purchasers finding a mickey mouse repair. It will speak to how well you have cared for your truck.

• Like 1