Reduced power warning

It is bologna, tripped codes will be in the history but only for so long. The time frame depends on the fault and whether or not the code keeps getting tripped, could be 10 ignition cycles or maybe 40 and the code could stop showing up.

If you can, ask onstar or use the app dealio to see if you can come up with the code. Otherwise make a trip to the local parts store and see if they have a handheld scanner that can read the codes. Some codes will require a dealership level scan tool, so it's possible you may not be able to see what it is.

Edited by CamGTP

I have a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation, and had the same/similar issue. If I were you I would go to the dealer when the lights are on and at least have them read the codes, and make your appointment. That way if the lights go off they have what the readings were. On mine the first time both lights came on the codes were read saying the high pressure fuel pump. Then the lights went off. So the first time they came on it was snowing and sloppy. once it was dry the lights went off. A week later it snowed again, and the lights came back, and right to the dealer I went. They replaced the high pressure fuel pump and the throttle body. A few days later I went thru the car wash, and the lights came back on. Went to the dealer and dropped off the truck. After the dealer did a bunch of trouble shooting and talking with GM, they found there is a harness that runs along the inside front fender wheel well. And by vibration or whatever there was a purple wire that would short when it got wet. They fixed the wire re-insulated it and re-routed the harness. Now it has been almost a month and no problems. Been thru the car was at least 3 times. So far so good. By the way I don't know what the codes were.

They did tell me after the first time, that when you go to start it turn on the key and wait a few seconds before starting. That would help with the fuel pressure.

Good luck,

Kevin

I’m reading the code tonight when I get home
The problem with bringing to the dealer is they said they might not get to it for a day or 2 and I can’t get a courtesy car until they diagnose. They gave me an appointment but it’s 2 weeks away. There always backed up with work. When my xm antenna leaked they tried doing the same thing to me with a 2 week apt but I demanded they look at it before anything gets fried from the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off train and started my truck
NO CODE figures!! Just ordered a code ready should be here Saturday. I borrowed one for today but didn’t work out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk