Sae j1850 vpw

Hi guys, new member here with a 1999 k1500 suburban, and well shes misbehaving.

Hooked my trusty scanner to it like I have done dozens of times and recently it gets half way thru the connection  and stops and sae j1850 vpw comes up on screen. I know it's the protocol thing, but why is it now coming up, also it died yesterday, I had spark but no fuel pressure and I dont hear the fuel pump running on initial start up every time. Are these things related? Idk

She throws cel for shift solenoid, I did both but not the tcc,(I'm a fool) should of did it.

It's the 4l60e, but that's not a huge problem it shifts late in 1st and 2nd, but how it sometimes starts and sometimes doesnt, I tried fuel pump relay(and jumping the relay) still nothing, fiddled with wires on top of pump still nothing, bounced on rear bumper lol still nada, disconnected oil pressure switch still nothing, replaced battery from cranking it died,  woke up this morning and it fired up but still throws j1850 vpw when I hook up scanner...help guys lol any suggestions or experiences are appreciated. Thanks 

Hello Daniel, 

Check the fuel pump fuse and all ignition fuses, then

See if you have power at the pump connection, If so its the pump.

If not then follow the wires back to the fuse box.

Also you can check top see if you have power to the relay using a probe.