5th wheel bed connector

this cover is in the left rear of the bed of my Truck.  I have tried to get the cover off, but no luck.  Is this where the factory mounts the 5th wheel connector?  The dealer gave me a part number for a kit Curt 56070.  So do I just need to drill a hole for the connector or can it be fitted where the cover is located.  Any one have experience with this?

GetAttachmentThumbnail.jfif

• 1 month later...

Depending on options, some truck have what is pictured above, while others have just a plastic cover that has to be removed to install a connector like pictured above.  Again, depending on options, the wiring for the connector pictured may be tied up under the truck so it just needs run up and to the connector that you must purchase. 

Edited by AT4 HD Ron

• 3 months later...

I posted the very same question.  The cover can be squeezed from the back.  Just crawl underneath and squeeze de sides, will come out very easy and pops right in.

Anybody got the part nunber?  In reality is a Y cable that connects from the trailer connector and pop that guy in the hole.  By looking at it is a plug and play thing.

If anybody got the GM part number, will be much appreciated.