Cylinder 7 low compression

Hy guys I'm new to the page hoping to find some answers. I have a 2014 chevy Silverado ltz 5.3 with low compression on number 7 cylinder it all started leaving a restaurant from having dinner I mashed on it hard pulling into the highway and the engine light started flashing and stabilitrac lights came on made it home and parked it next morning I hooked my scanner up and seen #7 was misfiring so I pulled the plug to inspect it and it had a little bit of oil on it and looked old so I went ahead and replaced them all and nothing changed so I swapped coil and wire with #1 and the misfire didn't change so right away I thought a afm lifter failed so I pulled the valve cover of and both rockers where moving fine so did a compression test and only get about 25 pounds at idle so today I decided to pull the head off and inspect the piston cylinder and lifters and everything seems fine valve and springs seem fine to besides some carbon buildup so now I don't know what direction to go hopefully some one here can point me in the right direction also cam lobes look good too

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, BigBadSierra said:

Cylinder 7 is an AFM cylinder so most likely a lifter failure.

he said " I thought a afm lifter failed so I pulled the valve cover of and both rockers where moving fine " so it may not be the case.

32 minutes ago, Ozer said:

he said " I thought a afm lifter failed so I pulled the valve cover of and both rockers where moving fine " so it may not be the case.

It may not be locked but sticking so it’s letting cylinder pressure drop.  They don’t always collapse.  If it is sticking it will eventually get stuck and collapse. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...