Parking assist and aftermarket bumper

2013 Silverado LT Ext Cab z71

Kind of a long story but here goes.  Thanks ahead of time.

Got rear ended in Dec. I decided to get an aftermarket bumper instead of replacing with stock (going for the blackout look vs chrome.) Insurance and body shop said there was no problems with that.  

Body Shop

When I went to pick the truck up I noticed that the parking assist sensors were not in the same order as they were before.  Originally the chrome sensors were on the outside and the black sensors were on the inside.  Now I had a chrome and a black on the outsides, and a chrome and a black on the inside.  The technician said that wouldn't cause a problem.  I took his word for it and took my truck home.

When I backed up into my driveway, the parking assist went crazy.  Signalling that I was inches away from hitting something, even though nothing was there.  The system eventually shut itself off and wouldn't turn back on. I took the truck back to the shop and had the adjuster there.  I let them know that the parking assist wasn't working. They took the truck back to look it over.  The owner said that he personally checked to make sure everything worked before I received it.  I informed him that not only did the parking assist not work, but the reverse camera, license plate lights, and trailer plug were left unhooked.   He refused to do any more repairs and told me and the adjuster that I should take it to the dealership. His reason for not fixing anything was that I chose an aftermarket bumper instead of stock.  I again pointed out that the sensors were in a different order and he said that didn't matter.

Dealership

One service center tells me that all sensors should be replaced after serious impact to the bumper, regardless if they were directly damaged.  They can't get me in for 3 more weeks so I take it to another dealership.

New dealership claims that the sensors are in different positions now due to the aftermarket bumper.  Say that the sensors are reading the trailer hitch as another object and warning me about that.  They say they can't do anything since it's aftermarket and to take it to a specialty shop.  

Specialty Shop

Called one shop and the guy says that the problem is almost definitely a result of the sensors not being placed in the correct order(inside vs outside)  Adjuster calls the original body shop to tell them and they now admit that this could be the problem and that they put them back in wrong.

My Question

Any idea which of the reasons given to me could be the real problem?