2000 K3500 transfer case fluid capacity

Hey gang, while I wait for the ECM show up.... I am going to change the transfer case fluid. The book that came with the truck shows dexron III in the transfer case fluid. So they use dexron III in the transmission and the transfer case... interesting. I have the manual transfercase.

Looks easy to swap, 18mm fill and 18mmb drain. Fill to fill hole.

I will loosen the fill plug first to ensure I can actually fill it before breaking the drain plug free.

Anyone know how many quarts of dexron III I'll need?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ChevroletTough said:

Hey gang, while I wait for the ECM show up.... I am going to change the transfer case fluid. The book that came with the truck shows dexron III in the transfer case fluid. So they use dexron III in the transmission and the transfer case... interesting. I have the manual transfercase.

Looks easy to swap, 18mm fill and 18mmb drain. Fill to fill hole.

I will loosen the fill plug first to ensure I can actually fill it before breaking the drain plug free.

Anyone know how many quarts of dexron III I'll need?

It depends on the transfer case you have, it is either 3.2 pints or 4.4 pints.

This is where you can find the information.  2000 K3500 info

Awesome thank you! Looks like i have to remove the skid plate. I can see one square plug (assuming fill). Just squirted all bolts with penetrating oil. Been doing that to the hub bolts too (since i know that is on deck).

Hoping its the same size square plug for the oil filter adapter i ordered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChevroletTough said:

Awesome thank you! Looks like i have to remove the skid plate. I can see one square plug (assuming fill). Just squirted all bolts with penetrating oil. Been doing that to the hub bolts too (since i know that is on deck).

Hoping its the same size square plug for the oil filter adapter i ordered!

Seeing you are from the great white north, it would be wise to do what you are doing.  Salt can make thing difficult at times.

• Like 1

Yes sir. Liquid torch and heat are my friend. Hope those bastards come loose!

If the hub bolts don’t come loose and break that is fine. I have all new hardware ready. Going to put my big bad dewalt 20v impact to the test (assuming it will fit with the knuckles on the truck).

• Like 1