Vehicle specific towing

Gents,

I understand towing, and I understand payload is the 1st door to unlock. I know this, I am just confused.
I know alot of people may have posted what they think, but I have a couple simple questions.

I have used the GM decoder on the chevrolet forum and it shows my truck with a max trailering weight of 10400. I have contacted GM and the dealer. But i can not get a actual answer. RPO codes show HD trans cooler, exterior engine cooler, 46MM mono tube shocks, 36MM stabilizing bar, Z85 and Z82 packages and JL4 harness connector.

1st question - What was included in the 2009 Chevrolet Silverado Max Trailering Package?

2nd question - Did some trucks with all the components of the MTP not get a RPO code of NHT?

3rd question - Being I have all the components does this mean technically my tow weight is 10.4K, but legally it is much lower?

Screenshot_20191029-163650_Samsung Internet.jpg

20200109_170348.jpg

6 hours ago, GMInfidel said:

I have used the GM decoder on the chevrolet forum and it shows my truck with a max trailering weight of 10400. 

Your maximum towing capacity is 7,500 pounds.  You do not have the NHT package nor all of its components.  That thing is way too generic.

Edited by swathdiver

10 minutes ago, swathdiver said:

Your maximum towing capacity is 7,500 pounds.  You do not have the NHT package nor all of its components.  That thing is way too generic.

Appreciate your opinion, do you know what the additional components of the NHT are for the 09 Silverado? 

13 minutes ago, GMInfidel said:

Appreciate your opinion, do you know what the additional components of the NHT are for the 09 Silverado? 

It's not an opinion, it's what the books say.  Anyhow, NHT consists of 9.5" 14-bolt rear axle, 6-speed transmission, L76 6.0 motor, external transmission cooler and engine oil cooler, 4-wheel disc brakes, split front bumper for additional cooling and some other minor items.

Edited by swathdiver
grammar