Purchase 2020 Colorado

Lisabash

Expecting to be able to purchase a vehicle for a price you received from a basically anonymous internet source will end in disappointment.  There is no universal "best price" other than MSRP. 

I use the same system every time I purchase a new vehicle.  I decide how much I want to spend, and only use "out the door price".  I then spend time on the internet looking at vehicles I would accept.  Use the build your vehicle tool to see what fits. Once I have found what I want, I go see my salesman(been using the same one since 92) and tell him my out the door price.  I don't ever go up in price beyond my self imposed limit. Always ask for more vehicle than my limit can purchase, and use the options on the vehicle to negotiate.  The out the door price is the amount you have to hand over in cash to purchase the vehicle.  If you are financing, divide that number by the number of months you are paying over. 

Something I noticed back in the 70s/80s was a lot of new cars that were being purchased in the Buffalo area were being delivered to the new car owner with the factory window stickers were left on for the customer to remove when they wanted to.  Does that still happen in the USA? 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 8:40 PM, Lisabash said:

On a 2020 ZR2 short bed, 4 door, non diesel, 8cyl truck that is completely loaded...what should I expect as lowest pricing? I’m in Grand Rapids MI

FYI they don't make the Colorado with an 8 Cylinder engine.  2.5L 4, 3.6L V6 or 2.8L 4 Cyl Diesel

• Like 1