6.5 lift with 35 12.50's on stock 22 wheels ? questions

im sure this has been asked before but i can not seem to find it anywhere. i have a 15 gmc sierra. wanting to do 6.5 lift and put some 35 inch tires on it... has anyone run stock 22 inch wheels with 35 12.50s. not really wanting to buy new wheels and not liking the cost of 295 55r22s. if i can and do put 35 12.50s on the stock 22 x 9s, will i need wheel spacers or anything like that with the zone 6.5 lift? 

This member has the 6.5" Zone running 35x12.50 on the stock 20x9 LTZ wheels. He's running spacers on the rear to match the front. Zone kit pushes out the front wheels 1 1/2" on each side.

2014 LTZ with stock rims.jpg

I used this to get an idea for what I wanted .https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

Actually when you click on the link it has my info still there.

At one point I was going to do the same thing as you but said f it and went bigger .

I went with a McGaughys 7 to 9 . I'm going to run it at 9" with 37's with a 20x10 -19 offset.

The McGaughys kit isn't much more than the Zone and it uses a longer strut instead of a 6.5" spacer. Way better setup and you could just run it at 7". It only pushes the front wheels out about an inch. The Zone is 1.5"

There is a ton of info here.

www.customwheeloffset.com

This is where I bought my lift, tires and wheels. Just waiting for warmer weather to install.

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 1