Flapper Removal Questions on 2019 Silverado 6.2L V8

I decided to remove my aftermarket muffler and went back to stock. When I need some sound, I'll just hop in the SS.

With that said, I have a Flowmaster Super 44 muffler laying around if anyone here is in the DFW area and interested. I put less than 1k miles on it before swapping back.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

So here is another related question....  I have 2020 LT TB 6.2L with factory exhaust. I took a peak at the exhaust today because I was going to cover up the mesh.  There is no mesh on the exhaust...  I thought there were supposed to be 3 per pipe?

So here is another related question....  I have 2020 LT TB 6.2L with factory exhaust. I took a peak at the exhaust today because I was going to cover up the mesh.  There is no mesh on the exhaust...  I thought there were supposed to be 3 per pipe?
That's on the models with the 5.3. The 6.2 models all have 2 resonators right before the exits on each side just behind the bumper.

interesting.  I will have to look again.  I didnt see anything but then again, I was looking further up on the exhaust where the 5.3L vent are.  Thanks for the info
Haha, yeah, I ran into the same thing. A friend of mine showed me his exhaust on his Trail Boss 5.3 and I saw those mesh screens near the back. I went to look at mine with the 6.2 some time later and saw the 2 resonators and no screens and had a wtf moment till I saw some info here.

20 minutes ago, RStrain56 said:

Haha, yeah, I ran into the same thing. A friend of mine showed me his exhaust on his Trail Boss 5.3 and I saw those mesh screens near the back. I went to look at mine with the 6.2 some time later and saw the 2 resonators and no screens and had a wtf moment till I saw some info here.

Yeah so I just came in from looking and no screens.  And actually I didn't see any resonators at all.  Nothing on the exhaust from where it splits into 2, other than mufflers.   Saw 2 flapper valves further upstream. But nothing near rear bumper.  I felt the pipe and didn't feel anything either.  

Yeah so I just came in from looking and no screens.  And actually I didn't see any resonators at all.  Nothing on the exhaust from where it splits into 2, other than mufflers.   Saw 2 flapper valves further upstream. But nothing near rear bumper.  I felt the pipe and didn't feel anything either.  

That's interesting. It should look something like the picture I attached, and you can see the resonator just back from the exhaust tip. I'd go snap a photo of mine but I'm not far off calling it a night, ha. I can get a photo of mine in the morning. Yours could always be different, too, I suppose. It may not be an all or nothing type deal. Did you buy your truck new or used? I was thinking if it were used maybe someone had the resonators removed to open up some sound, which there's some videos out there for. Or, maybe some are just different. Never say never, ha.fa3cab687fcb2bc7a2f851916516411f.jpg

32 minutes ago, RStrain56 said:

That's interesting. It should look something like the picture I attached, and you can see the resonator just back from the exhaust tip. I'd go snap a photo of mine but I'm not far off calling it a night, ha. I can get a photo of mine in the morning. Yours could always be different, too, I suppose. It may not be an all or nothing type deal. Did you buy your truck new or used? I was thinking if it were used maybe someone had the resonators removed to open up some sound, which there's some videos out there for. Or, maybe some are just different. Never say never, ha.fa3cab687fcb2bc7a2f851916516411f.jpg

Purchased new. If you dont mind, please snap a photo of yours.  The attached pic is hard to see because it wont allow me to make it bigger. 

Purchased new. If you dont mind, please snap a photo of yours.  The attached pic is hard to see because it wont allow me to make it bigger. 
I looked back and actually had some photos when mine was on a lift getting the flowmaster muffler installed(now removed). I edited the picture to zoom in and marked it so it's pretty easy to see. There's one on each side. Hope this helps out!174cd1947fe0a1dc6d6c24fd14275b0c.jpg

3 minutes ago, RStrain56 said:

I looked back and actually had some photos when mine was on a lift getting the flowmaster muffler installed(now removed). I edited the picture to zoom in and marked it so it's pretty easy to see. There's one on each side. Hope this helps out!174cd1947fe0a1dc6d6c24fd14275b0c.jpg

Ok that actually does help.  I will look a little closer  tomorrow.  First glance the only thing I see is the hanger.   Thanks again.