Driver side door electrical issues

Tony H

What do you mean by "all the wiring is good"?

You've taken the harness out of the truck, examined it from one end to the other looking for any of the wires being rubbed through, then tested every connection on it for continuity from end to end?  Because that's the only way to know that "all the wiring is good" (and even that doesn't guarantee that it is).

Anyway, you could try throwing a door lock mechanism at the truck (it's an integrated latch/lock/switch) and see if that makes a difference.

• Like 2

God, if i had a nickel for every rookie at the dealership that came up to me and said "I checked everything and it still doesn't work, what should I do?"

I'd just tell them go back and start over. You clearly didn't check "everything".

Probably a door latch/lock assembly.

I added a backup camera to the male blade in the driver side panel panel. Then spliced into the positive on that wire and ground. That is when it quit working. No fuses blown, the wiring ohm tested out. The window controls will work the passenger windows, the lock buttons work, the only thing that doesn’t work is the driver side windows, and it doesn’t recognize the door is open ,or closed. I saw on the back of the fuse panel 2 hi pwr relay, looked them up, and the 5 pin says something about power windows. That is why I’m wondering if that could be the problem before I replace the door lock/ latch assembly. Any thoughts?