ABS & Parking Brake light - 02 Silverado

First post on here. 

I recently purchased a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500. The guy I bought it from said that every now and then, usually when hitting bumps, the ABS light and Parking Brake light would pop on. We drove the truck around for a bit trying to replicate it, but it never happened. Guy said he had troubleshot it down to the EBCM. Ended up buying the truck anyways, price wise it was a good deal. Anyways the issue has popped up since I bought it, and today I noticed the parking brake doesn't work at all. My question, could the two issues be related? I've watched the videos on YouTube about soldering the board inside the EBCM, but didn't know if I should look somewhere else first since the emergency brake also doesn't work. Most info and videos I found online said that even when folks had the ABS/Parking Brake light on, the brakes and parking brake still worked correctly. Thanks for the help. 

Not sure but one area to look at would be all the electrical grounds, especially around the ABS system.   

The parking brake not working more than likely means that the pads in the rear disc drum are shot or out of adjustment.  Not hard to fix.

It's not the parking brake.  The PB has a single wire, that only indicates whether the brake is on or off, and it turns on the PB light and the chimes if put the truck in gear.

For my truck, it will occasionally turn on the two lights, generally when I start the truck, and I fix it by cleaning the ground connections just under the driver's door, where some wires bolt to a wing off the frame.