2019 Silverado Fog light installation

Yes the light in instrument cluster does come on showing that they are on, don't know what dealer would charge as I did everything myself, just had to have dealer program them and they did it for free.

My local dealer said about $125 to install a factory light set I bought via ebay.  I did the install and got the programming done for a six pack after hours.  Didn't want the plain white so I put on the amber skin prior installing.  And the dash lite does come on..

FogLights.jpg

Different dealers will charge a different price, the closest dealer to me wanted $130 and one another 15 minutes away charged $95. I'm not the most technically inclined so considering it took the mechanics over six hours to change my oil, rotate tires, do the brake and seat belt recalls and install the fog lights it was well worth it to me. If you purchase through the Chevrolet accessories website and choose dealer install you can check different dealers' rates in your area.

Edited by Chrisj4

10 hours ago, KevinO said:

My local dealer said about $125 to install a factory light set I bought via ebay.  I did the install and got the programming done for a six pack after hours.  Didn't want the plain white so I put on the amber skin prior installing.  And the dash lite does come on..

FogLights.jpg

10-4, thank you. Any chance you could shoot me a picture of the interior display showing the lights are on so I can get the dealership to install it right ?

11 hours ago, Booger T said:

Yes the light in instrument cluster does come on showing that they are on, don't know what dealer would charge as I did everything myself, just had to have dealer program them and they did it for free.

Any chance you could shoot me a picture of what that display looks like so I can show the dealer their screw up?

On 2/19/2020 at 9:15 AM, Booger T said:

Icon that lights up when fog lamps are on circled in red.

IMG_0602.jpg

After seeing this I went outside to check and realized mine doesn't have this icon... Is it worth taking back to the dealer if they work fine?

Edited by Chrisj4
I r dumb

Looking in the owners manual on page 127 it shows the1500 series base cluster, the icon  for fog lamps is shown on the left side just below and right of the 1 on the tachometer. You should be able to see if its there if you get sunlight or some other source of light on it at certain angles. This may or may not pertain to your application as I have not been in a custom. Just something you might check out.

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2020 at 7:05 AM, Booger T said:

Looking in the owners manual on page 127 it shows the1500 series base cluster, the icon  for fog lamps is shown on the left side just below and right of the 1 on the tachometer. You should be able to see if its there if you get sunlight or some other source of light on it at certain angles. This may or may not pertain to your application as I have not been in a custom. Just something you might check out.

Took a flashlight and found the icon exactly where you said it would be, beside the 1 on the tach. Now that I know it's there it's driving me crazy that it doesn't illuminate. I guess I'm gonna have to call the dealer and plan on dropping it off for another 6 hours sometime soon...

Don't know if it pertains to your situation but some installations require a jumper wire from the BCM to the fuse block under the hood. My kit came with the wire but was not needed. Not sure what this wire is for. You might ask dealer about it.

• Thanks 1