SPS Programming of Climate Control Module

jbolot

Question

Hello -

I have a 2011 GMC Sierra SLE Crew CAB 4x4 that had a faulty Climate Control Module. I tried to order a new one from GM parts direct but they no longer sell the part # 25936132. I have a refurbished climate control computer part # 15952374 that I placed into the vehicle to replace the non-working climate control computer.This is the correct replacement part.  When I put the refurbished part into the vehicle I noticed that I lost functionality in the information center and the gauge cluster. The outside temperature and direction (compass N, S,E, W) and the trailer gain were misssing. Also it would not recognize a/c button.  I took it to a GMC dealer because I was told that the climate control computer would need to be SPS reprogrammed for my vehicle.  When I got there they told me it was plug and play and no reprogramming was necessary. 

Can you tell me if I replace the climate control computer does it need to be SPS programmed to recognize the vehicle.

On my old module #25936132 the temperature, compass and trailer gain all work and the a/c button works only some of the time. All the a/c parts have been replaced and function properly ( a/c compressor, condensor, accumulator, ambient air temperature sensor etc)

thanks,

Joseph

thanks,

Joseph

4 answers to this question

I'm fairly certain anything built after 2006 (except for the '07 Classic) requires programming for ANY switch, or computer controlled magic box replacement.

Don't go to the dealer. Most competent private garages can and will do this (might not be many in rural areas, but definitely check, because I know some of the best in rural areas). Also check to see if you have a mobile diagnostic guy (or gal) in your area as well - that will save you the commute there. They can come to your home, work, or wherever you are. They can also tell you 100% what needs programming, and what doesn't.

STAY AWAY from the dealer - you'll thank me later.