BW multipro hitch

Purchased the BW multi pro hitch and upon delivery realized it only fits a 2.5"reciever, which I guess is the 2500 only.

Has anyone purchased or found the hitch available for a 1500? Frustrating I cant find a hitch to fit this truck..

2 hours ago, RPaul said:

Purchased the BW multi pro hitch and upon delivery realized it only fits a 2.5"reciever, which I guess is the 2500 only.

Has anyone purchased or found the hitch available for a 1500? Frustrating I cant find a hitch to fit this truck..

Was just on their website and it says 2” receiver coming soon. I’d see if you could return it. 

4 hours ago, Smoothbassman said:

Doesn't appear that it's on the market yet. 

This is the response I got from B&W a couple weeks ago.

"Thank you for your inquiry. At this time we are working on a 2” Multi-Pro Tow & Stow. We have encountered some instances on the 1500 trucks where the step will contact our hitch if it is deployed and with weight on it. These findings have been limited. However, this tells us that there are variances in GM’s placement of the truck bed onto the frame. Our engineering team is working diligently to track these variances and finalize a design that will accommodate them. We have made this hitch a top priority and are hoping to have this released within the first quarter of 2020. However, would you like for me to save your information and let you know when this becomes available?

Thank You,"

Sounds to me like the initial R&D guy weighed less than the person using it.

There is a company making (Tailgatefix.com) a lockout switch for the step down. Basically if you have a coupler installed it will not allow the step down to deploy.

Edited by Fltmech

Just installed the switch on my new GMC 1500. Easy to install seems to work as intended. Truck hasn't been out of garage since installation  , I'll keep you updated 

2 hours ago, Bratbowtie said:

Just installed the switch on my new GMC 1500. Easy to install seems to work as intended. Truck hasn't been out of garage since installation  , I'll keep you updated 

Did you go with the automatic or manual?

I went with auto ,   also you should look into a extra long hitch pin, the way they want you to insert it from the right my pin with an angled end makes it kinda awkward and hard to hook safety chains up

• 3 months later...

The stow & go multipro hitch for the 2" shank is now available. I got mine in the mail last week. Unless your truck is lifted, it sits pretty low. I've already drug it across the asphalt backing out of my in-laws driveway that has a steep incline. 

Unrelated to the multi pro version but I have a stock Trail boss and I have a 3 inch drop tow and stow b&w hitch.  It worked great for my previous trucks but seems kind of short for the taller trail boss.  I was thinking about getting the 5 inch drop but I’m worried it will drag going out of driveways and such.  Anyone able to give any advice on this?  Thanks 

21 hours ago, zg2123 said:

The stow & go multipro hitch for the 2" shank is now available. I got mine in the mail last week. Unless your truck is lifted, it sits pretty low. I've already drug it across the asphalt backing out of my in-laws driveway that has a steep incline. 

Is your truck at stock level?  It does look like the hich sits low. If you flip it, it defeats the purpose. I may just stick with my standard hitch and put a lockout switch on it.

59 minutes ago, Fltmech said:

Is your truck at stock level?  It does look like the hich sits low. If you flip it, it defeats the purpose. I may just stick with my standard hitch and put a lockout switch on it.

In the rear it is. It has a 2" leveling kit on the front.

• 1 month later...

Fyi.

I talked to a representative at B&W and they said they are working on a 5" drop version for the 1500 with multipro tailgate. It is still in development but if anyone needs a larger drop because of lifts.