We Need the Vietnamese Colorado Trailblazer here in the US.

Closest thing to a real Blazer.  Enough with the crossover soccer mom SUVs with robbed credible model names.  

Give me a full frame capable off-road vehicle that is slightly smaller than a Tahoe.  Real 4wd, posi units, gear ratio options, optional diesel, manual transmission, etc.  Now that GM is pulling out of Vietnam, hopefully they will move the tooling for the Colorado platformed Trailblazer to the US and put it on the market.  If not, the new Bronco is going to blow GM away.

Edited by Duntov

Closest thing to a real Blazer.  Enough with the crossover soccer mom SUVs with robbed credible model names.  

Give me a full frame capable off-road vehicle that is slightly smaller than a Tahoe.  Real 4wd, posi units, gear ratio options, optional diesel, etc.  Now that GM is pulling out of Vietnam, hopefully they will move the tooling for the Colorado platformed Trailblazer to the US and put it on the market.  If not, the new Bronco is going to blow GM away.

a584b18e-fa76-4874-9c90-d6630329bd33.jpg

Edited by Duntov

19 hours ago, Duntov said:

Closes thing to a real Blazer.  Enough with the crossover socker mom SUVs with robbed credible model names.  

Give me a full frame capable off-road vehicle that is slightly smaller than a Tahoe.  Real 4wd, posi units, gear ratio options, optional diesel, etc.  Now that GM is pulling out of Vietnam, hopefully they will move the tooling for the Colorado platformed Trailblazer to the US and put it on the market.  If not, the new Bronco is going to blow GM away.

I like it.  Make a ZR2 version of it and I'll have one in my driveway.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 1:24 PM, Duntov said:

Give me a full frame capable off-road vehicle that is slightly smaller than a Tahoe.  Real 4wd, posi units, gear ratio options, optional diesel, manual transmission, etc.  Now that GM is pulling out of Vietnam, hopefully they will move the tooling for the Colorado platformed Trailblazer to the US and put it on the market.  If not, the new Bronco is going to blow GM away.

You do understand how limited the sales will be for the Bronco right, especially after the hype dies down. Look at the Gladiator, less than a year later and they have to throw a bunch of money on the hood to move them as they aren't selling.  It is a niche vehicle, the current Blazer will out sell the over seas version, the Bronco and any other off road oriented version people say they want but won't buy or actually use; they will all easily be out sold when people realize how much better everyday the current Blazer is compared to a truck version. And lets be honest, the percentage of people that actually have any actual use for the added capabilities is in the low single digit percent at best. What makes better business sense, building something for 95% of the people or 5%? I am going to guess your needs fall in the 95% group as well. 

Watching an overland expedition episode the other night they interviewed a TRD engineer who said they engineer their trucks for that 5%-10% of people who take it off road, that is why they are so much worse than the competition on road. The only reason their sales are so high with an inferior product is people believe they are the same reliable over built vehicle from the 80's, in reality they have slightly above average reliability that most of the manufacturers have equaled or nearly caught up to with much fresher product lines that out perform them in regular driving duties. 

So no, as much as I like that idea I know it won't sell here, especially a manual version which will cause it to be cancelled in a few years and be an added expense that could have been put forth to improving or building something else. 

Tyler

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You do understand how limited the sales will be for the Bronco right, especially after the hype dies down. Look at the Gladiator, less than a year later and they have to throw a bunch of money on the hood to move them as they aren't selling.  It is a niche vehicle, the current Blazer will out sell the over seas version, the Bronco and any other off road oriented version people say they want but won't buy or actually use; they will all easily be out sold when people realize how much better everyday the current Blazer is compared to a truck version. And lets be honest, the percentage of people that actually have any actual use for the added capabilities is in the low single digit percent at best. What makes better business sense, building something for 95% of the people or 5%? I am going to guess your needs fall in the 95% group as well. 

Watching an overland expedition episode the other night they interviewed a TRD engineer who said they engineer their trucks for that 5%-10% of people who take it off road, that is why they are so much worse than the competition on road. The only reason their sales are so high with an inferior product is people believe they are the same reliable over built vehicle from the 80's, in reality they have slightly above average reliability that most of the manufacturers have equaled or nearly caught up to with much fresher product lines that out perform them in regular driving duties. 

So no, as much as I like that idea I know it won't sell here, especially a manual version which will cause it to be cancelled in a few years and be an added expense that could have been put forth to improving or building something else. 

Tyler

I pretty much agree with you. There's a reason people buy the "soccer mom" crossovers. Nobody actually goes off road or pulls anything anyway. If they do, they buy a truck. If they don't, they buy a crossover. There's a reason these things have pretty much gone extinct.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
On 3/10/2020 at 12:26 PM, Duntov said:

Mary is working on electric now. All of us angry white men don't have a voice with this company anymore. I agree with you. To me this is what the Blazer should be, instead of just another run of the mill suv.