2014 GMC Sierra 1500 missing

My 2014 GMC Sierra has 80k miles and just recently started having a rough idle and seems to be missing right around 15 mph when accelerating. Today i was driving and it seemed as if it lost power while pressing the gas and the missed for a second and finally caught on and proceeded foward with a jolt

Edited by Armani Mattingly

Common issue with these are the wires coming loose, so the first thing you should check is to make sure all plug wires are connected.

Mine had one that looked connected but it was barely on there. Push them in good and see if that fixes it. Don't forget to check the coil plugs, push them in.

If still having issues, check for a misfire code. Do you get the check engine light on?

at 80k miles you may want to do a complete spark plug and wire change anyways, its called for at 100k.

Or you can go one by one and take each plug out and inspect. This is time = money comes to play. If you have time, just check. Or since you are already there might as well change them out.

After all that if you are still having issues, a coil may be the problem but hard to tell w/o a check engine light/code.

Now, in my case after replacing all plugs/wires/coils i still had a skip going going uphill,partial throttle.

It ended up being the torque converter slipping, it felt like a misfire. Not to scare you but these trans are known for that.

You are under 100k to the warranty should cover the replacement if you can prove or have the dealer realize its the TQ.

Start with the simple checks and report back.