HVAC blower fan quit... Fan motor plug melted.

Noticed today that my A/C blower fan was not running.  Trouble shooting lead me to the plug going to the fan motor.  When I disconnected it, I noticed the plug was melted pretty badly.  I can buy a replacement harness, but I am wondering if I replace the harness will the new one not just do the same thing eventually?  My truck is a 2007 GMC 1500. 242k miles.

I got the fan running again and put it back together.... but I know its a matter of time before it stops again.

Most of the time the fan is just on the lowest setting. Not sure why it got so hot. 

20200503_144527_HDR.jpg

Replace the motor, and that plug.

GM seems to have specified plugs rated right at the limit for how much current passes through it.  The connectors to the motor, as well as the resistor pack are known to have this problem, and the plug for the DRL lights for my truck also look really burnt.  And just this winter, I had to replace both the fan motor and the plug to it (motor failed & plug burnt up).