In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Tow Hitch Wiring Plug - HELP

I am trying to add a towing hitch to my 2019 Chevrolet Express 3500LT passenger van. I found this plug which is positioned at the rear bumper but I am unable to determine if this has to do with towing, or find a suitable adapter for standard towing plugs. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

I'm 90% sure this plug is for Parking Aid Wiring Harness.  It is needed by RPO code UD7, which adds the wiring connectors 84341881 (with blind spot sensors) or 84096173 (without blind spot sensors).

If your van did not get built with trailer wiring (UY7), you'll need to pickup of wiring kit from a local trailer shop, or etrailer/amazon. (CURT 55540, Teckonsha 118392, or Hopkins 31345)

I have the same issue.  I got the Teckonsha from my local trailer shop.

Edited by Lance Rushing
gave more info