Steering Wheel Trim

Does anyone know if the silver steering wheel trim can be taken off with pry tools or does the airbag need to be removed to get it off.  I looked at an exploded diagram and it was not clear.  Do not want to break anything, especially something as visible as something on the steering wheel.  I wrapped the interior trim pieces and would like to get rid of the silver trim on the wheel. It matched the radio bezel, which is now carbon fiber. 

Thanks!

E3A281B0-98B7-4A62-BFB8-19FF31EE639A.jpeg

On 6/2/2020 at 1:11 PM, Andrew David said:

I wrapped it without removing it.  If you take your time its a piece of cake.

8B667307-A930-403F-A6C0-9E415D53DC87.jpeg

That is freaking awesome, what color is that and where did you get it from?

• 2 months later...
On 6/2/2020 at 8:43 AM, pschne1 said:

Does anyone know if the silver steering wheel trim can be taken off with pry tools or does the airbag need to be removed to get it off.  I looked at an exploded diagram and it was not clear.  Do not want to break anything, especially something as visible as something on the steering wheel.  I wrapped the interior trim pieces and would like to get rid of the silver trim on the wheel. It matched the radio bezel, which is now carbon fiber. 

Thanks!

E3A281B0-98B7-4A62-BFB8-19FF31EE639A.jpeg

Do you happen to have some better pics of the carbon fiber wrap you did? Looks good, from what little I can see. Considering doing mine and would love to see the completed project.