Dani2005's 2020 AT4 Build Thread

Dani2005

I really just wanted a place to list the progress of my truck without it getting lost in the thread [emoji4]

Details of truck upon 5/2/20 purchase:

Used 2020 GMC Sierra AT4 CrewCab (9K miles on it) 

6.2L with 3.23 Gear Ratio

Borla ATAK exhaust Website Link

Add ons since purchase:

Black Grill Emblem Front and Rear

White Mirror Caps

Sierra Fitted Sunshade

VLED License Plate Lights

Removed running boards

Debadge AT4 from sides and rear

Debadge Sierra from rear

Tint- 5% rear, legal driver's side and passenger side, 70% windshield and 5% strip

Future plans:

Front Leveling Kit

Fender Flares of some sort 

AMP Research Power Steps

UnderCover Ultra Flex bed cover

Bigger tires but maintain factory rims

Will post pictures in reply

• Like 3

21 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

This is cool. She buys new truck with a Borla Atak on it. ?.

And a list of future mods.

My kind of Gal. 

Well, the dealer didn't have the exhaust in the description when I bought it. Probably because it was at a Ford Dealership and this ATAK model retains the factory exhaust tips, so they didn't have a clue.

It was a wonderful surprise when we made the trip up to Idaho to purchase it. Went to drive it off the lot and me and my husband looked at eachother with a smile and said.... "That's not stock!" We pulled over after leaving the dealership and he crawled under and said, "nope, you got yourself a Borla under here" ?

Edited by Dani2005
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got her debadged

Waiting for the rear GMC emblem to come back from the shop and that will be the only emblem on the truck. She just looks too bare without something on the rear. 5c62a8fa35bceb8e9ea0854f93eefb8d.jpgd6ff4c20f7e89f5bf9ee706946ee0aaf.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

XPEL XR tint at 5% on back windows and rear window

XPEL XR tint at legal limit on driver and passenger window, I think it's like 40% here in Utah

XPEL XR Plus tint at 70% on windshield with a 5% strip to reduce glare

Overall I'm happy with the look and the reduction in heat in the cab having black seats, plus I don't feel like I'm in a fish bowl anymore :)

18bf2668411f52644b4a088e82260ce2.jpge43cf7eae879bec42b2096afa04ffa36.jpgc7d723c6e03e481d5d276f967acede3b.jpga722238e8410ff0ee58b12c99c251b82.jpg36fdd6a39d5dc6340757f81a8dc28550.jpg

Edited by Dani2005

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Also purchased the RC 4" lift with Vertex shocks. The lift should be going on the 19th of October :)

New wheels and tires as well... totally bummed I can't do 17s or even 18s... but hopefully the wheels I picked out look good with the image I am going for :)

Got the RC 4" lift installed Monday. I upgraded to the Vertex adjustable coilovers and reservoir shocks. I'll get some more pics later this week but here is the picture from the shop.

Yes there was trimming of plastic and metal, but the outcome is over the top!

Oakley Offroad was phenomenal! Anyone in SLC should check them out. Scott, Riley and Keith were great to work with even with all my changes. Customer for life!

35x12.5R20 Firestone Destination M/T2
20x9.5 -18 offset Black Rhino Axle Gloss White

Pretty bummed that I couldn't go with a smaller rim but according to RC it would void their lift warranty if I did anything smaller than their recommended size. So I guess the next set of tires will be 37s haha!b8c0d628090bdf6d28389fc6c8422b93.jpg