Sun Visor Upgrade

Has anyone on here done a sun visor upgrade on 2016 Silverado WT? Currently have the one with no mirror on the driver side on the mirror with no light on the passenger side. I want to swap them out with the ones with the vanity mirrors but I can’t find if it’s possible to make them work 

I did this upgrade to my 2017 W/T. Piece of cake.  I went to the selvage yard got the visors and the wires. Just follow the wires back down the A pillar drivers side and cut the wires before they go into the dash. 

I did this upgrade to my 2017 W/T. Piece of cake.  I went to the selvage yard got the visors and the wires. Just follow the wires back down the A pillar drivers side and cut the wires before they go into the dash. 

Where did you connect the wires in order to have power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to make this upgrade also. Does anyone know where the power for the mirrors comes from; or where to tap into power if necessary? I have the mirrors, but don't want to install them until I have power for them.

I'm trying to make this upgrade also. Does anyone know where the power for the mirrors comes from; or where to tap into power if necessary? I have the mirrors, but don't want to install them until I have power for them.

Any luck finding power? I’m at the same spot as you I don’t want to install them until knowing where to get power.

Nope. Haven’t found the answer yet. I may just drop the headliner and, if something isn’t there already; I’ll find power and make a harness myself. There must be power in the overhead console...

Nope. Haven’t found the answer yet. I may just drop the headliner and, if something isn’t there already; I’ll find power and make a harness myself. There must be power in the overhead console...

I just got done with my swap. I ended up doing it the hard way but the visors work as factory. I got power from one of the little dome lights. And I grounded it to a bolt on the metal ceiling.