2020 Elevation Exhaust Upgrade?

Hey all.... If all things go right I should be the owner of a blacked out 2020 Elevation within the next few days. With all the COVID-19 challenges, finding the right truck for me has been a project. Fingers crossed. 

This will be my first GMC from a long line of other trucks and I am excited to make the switch. That said, I have been doing a bunch of searching around on the web and this forum and can't find much on exhaust upgrades for the Elevation. I'm aware that they come stock with a single side exit pipe. I was hoping to gain some knowledge of what is possible without a ton of fabrication. I have only found a single thread on changing over to duals which seems odd to me. 

• Who has upgraded their single and to what?
  • Are you happy with your single side exit upgrade?
  • Can you install dual a "true dual" or dual tip only on the Elevation (missing heat shield)?
  • Do I have to replace the bumper to have a rear exit?

Thanks all!!! Looking forward to be back behind the wheel of a GM. I'll be sure to post pics. 

I have upgrade mine with the flowmaster 717911 kit pretty easy to do *cut old muffler out slide this one in+ a little wiring* I personally love the sound it's not to loud when the cut outs closed but it will make that helicopter like sound on the DFM engines.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, B3Ar15 said:

I have upgrade mine with the flowmaster 717911 kit pretty easy to do *cut old muffler out slide this one in+ a little wiring* I personally love the sound it's not to loud when the cut outs closed but it will make that helicopter like sound on the DFM engines.

Thanks for the reply!

I was just about to ask about the helicopter sound. I am looking for a low mellow tone at idle and low speeds, but a more aggressive sound when I get on it. I would like to avoid the helicopter / loud drone on the highway. Though I am learning that is difficult with the DFM engines.  

From what I have read / heard I am starting to look at the Borla Touring initially. 

It gave me the exact sound I was after not loud but has some character. I personally don't mind the helicopter sound as it's not very loud or super noticable especially if you have heat,A/C and or Radio going. I don't have any drone when it's closed but you do gain some when you open the cutout up.

2 minutes ago, B3Ar15 said:

It gave me the exact sound I was after not loud but has some character. I personally don't mind the helicopter sound as it's not very loud or super noticable especially if you have heat,A/C and or Radio going. I don't have any drone when it's closed but you do gain some when you open the cutout up.

Great to know... ?

34 minutes ago, childstoys said:

Hey all.... If all things go right I should be the owner of a blacked out 2020 Elevation within the next few days. With all the COVID-19 challenges, finding the right truck for me has been a project. Fingers crossed. 

This will be my first GMC from a long line of other trucks and I am excited to make the switch. That said, I have been doing a bunch of searching around on the web and this forum and can't find much on exhaust upgrades for the Elevation. I'm aware that they come stock with a single side exit pipe. I was hoping to gain some knowledge of what is possible without a ton of fabrication. I have only found a single thread on changing over to duals which seems odd to me. 

• Who has upgraded their single and to what?
  • Are you happy with your single side exit upgrade?
  • Can you install dual a "true dual" or dual tip only on the Elevation (missing heat shield)?
  • Do I have to replace the bumper to have a rear exit?

Thanks all!!! Looking forward to be back behind the wheel of a GM. I'll be sure to post pics. 

Being on my second system from Corsa, I'd be shopping them.  ZERO drone.  It growls when you want it to, its near stock like when cruising, no unwanted noises.  Really gives the trucks a Corvette/Camaro style sound.  

Both the Corsa I've owned were the single with behind passenger tire exit and the dual tip.  I'm not a dual exit fan on trucks.  If you have Z71 on your Elevation, they make a dual exit system that replaces the factory dual exit system.  If you wanted to run anyone's dual exit catback, you would have to swap bumpers as everyone makes theirs so far to use the stock bezels or have their tips exit via the bumper holes.  https://www.corsaperformance.com/collections/2020-gmc-sierra-1500-crew-cab-short-bed-5-3l-v8

"True" duals (each bank has its own pipe setup and an X pipe) isn't really cost effective in my opinion.     

The only other brand I'd consider is Borla.  I had a Mangaflow catback on my 2012 and it was a love/hate relationship.  Good sound, lots of drone.

I just installed the Borla Touring single. At idle seems to quiet down to stock level. Touch the gas you know it’s there. Need to get some more miles to give it a better review. There are bolt on systems that will convert single to dual from Flowmaster and Magnaflow. Our go to a custom shop and they will give you what every you want. I didn’t got that route cause they can’t guarantee no drone, but it would have been cheaper.

Thanks for all the input and suggestions.... Looks like my GMC deal fell through.

That said, I did put down a deposit on a 2020 Silverado LT Trail Boss with a 6.2L. with a local dealer that worked a good deal for me.

I won't get the truck for another month but at the end of the day I feel I am getting the truck I really want now.

This truck comes with the dual tips out the rear, so i guess I will be shifting that direction now. Still looking for a mellow sound at idle and low speeds and more aggressive sound when I get on it. I know the 6.2 changes the game a bit. I am looking into that now and will be trying to find the Goldilocks of sound when the time comes.  

Can't wait for delivery and I am sure I will be on here plenty with questions!

If you want to look at one option, go to the Truck and Product Review tab and they review the GM performance exhaust option, which also has sound comparisons vs stock.

I ordered mine (GMC and Chevrolet the same PN):

Chevrolet Performance Exhaust PN 84527234
MSRP: $1,645
Fits: 2019+ Silverado/Sierra with 5.3L or 6.2L V8 Engines
What does it do?: Larger diameter pipes, 40% reduced backflow, 13+ horsepower / 7 lb-ft or torque increase (6.2L)
Install Time: 1.5 – 2 hours

Right now GM has a 20% discount for spending that much, so it cost $1,316.00, including free shipping to the dealer and for $125.00 it is installed.

I also went with the GM CAI, so the total installed price for everything, including the factory reprogram for the CAI is $2,200.10