On 7/18/2020 at 9:02 AM, lebag335 said:

How do these get clogged?

I have never had it happen on any other vehicle I have owned, so your guess is as good as mine. I drove less this spring because I ended up working from home - that might have had something to do with it... Seems to me like a problem that should not exist. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem yesterday with my 2020 Silverado 5k miles on it. I was able to use a 2' long air gun to blow into the outlet hole from the passenger side wheel well after removing it. the tip has a 90 degree elbow so I was able to get it behind the engine. One quick blast cleaned out the drain and about a gallon of water came out. Took me about 20 minutes and most of that was looking for my air gun I never use.

I had the same in my Yukon Denali. I could hear water sloshing around behind the dash when I turned and the passenger side floor was wet.

I got a can of aerosol AC/evaporator cleaner that comes with a flexible hose and nozzle. Most auto parts stores have it for around $15-20. I removed the front wheel liner and and squirted the contents into the drain line. It not only clears the drain line but also cleans the evaporator. Worked very well and not that hard to do. 

• 1 month later...

PLease someone take a picture of where this drain is.  I have a 2020 silverado and the mold/musty smell with onlye 8000 miles on it.  I sprayed some Laysol and a mild bleach solution in the air intake and it so far has cleared it up. but i want to make sure the drain is not plugged.  no water in cab but i honestly have never seen the typical puddle under the truck when I park it ?

10 minutes ago, Pat Palombaro said:

PLease someone take a picture of where this drain is.  I have a 2020 silverado and the mold/musty smell with onlye 8000 miles on it.  I sprayed some Laysol and a mild bleach solution in the air intake and it so far has cleared it up. but i want to make sure the drain is not plugged.  no water in cab but i honestly have never seen the typical puddle under the truck when I park it ?

Best accessed through the right wheel well.  Its a rubber round plug with a short little flapper valve on it.  Just above the right side of the transmission.  Either turn or remove the wheel for best access.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

Mine started to smell musty within a couple months of when I I bought my truck.   The dealership sprayed something in it when I first mentioned it, but it only lasted a few weeks.   I tried the various A/C cleaning foams and sprays but just the same, they are just temporary.  

I now just take out the cabin air filter when it starts stinking and spray Lysol in there while the A/C fan is on, then shut it off a while and let it soak in.  This has been my regular spring, summer and fall routine for the last 5 years !

• 1 year later...

Nothing in this post even remotely resembles anything on my 2021 5.3 4WD Sierra.

Just spent the last hour trying to find the AC drain "Hose" or "Nipple" or whatever you want to call it and cant find it. The location descriptions don't make any sense in relation to my truck,. Nothing on the right side of the trans from front to back of it. The picture thats posted doesn't resemble anything on my truck related to AC hoses or any hoses. There are nipples that are similar but those are attached to wiring harnesses that go thru the firewall.

I did trim up the sound deadening material that was indeed soaked with water at the bottom corner of the front fender so at least I accomplished something.

Thanks!

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...