LC9 to L83 Swap

Have a 2011 Chevy Silverado, that its driveline has seen its day. I recently aquired a 2017 driveline (motor, tranny, and transfer case) everything complete with harnesses and all, but missing ECM. What do I need to do as far harness ECM compatibility with my truck?

17 hours ago, AlwaysFat said:

Have a 2011 Chevy Silverado, that its driveline has seen its day. I recently aquired a 2017 driveline (motor, tranny, and transfer case) everything complete with harnesses and all, but missing ECM. What do I need to do as far harness ECM compatibility with my truck?

Well, once you find out what ECM the L83 uses, you'll want to know if it talks to the BCM and other modules in your truck still.  That seems like more work than its worth even though the L83 is a great engine.  The transmission and transfer case should be the same but their computer hardware may be different.

• Sad 1

It won't work.

You'd have no cluster, abs, traction control, stabilitrak and just about everything else. The E92 computer and wiring will not talk with a E38 powered vehicle.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/6/2020 at 4:48 PM, CamGTP said:

It won't work.

You'd have no cluster, abs, traction control, stabilitrak and just about everything else. The E92 computer and wiring will not talk with a E38 powered vehicle.

On 7/6/2020 at 11:35 AM, swathdiver said:

Well, once you find out what ECM the L83 uses, you'll want to know if it talks to the BCM and other modules in your truck still.  That seems like more work than its worth even though the L83 is a great engine.  The transmission and transfer case should be the same but their computer hardware may be different.

On 7/6/2020 at 11:35 AM, swathdiver said:

I was kinda thinking that, but wasn't quite sure. I think I may just do a rebuild on the motor thats in there with a few mods and just swap out the tranny and transfer case.

• Like 1