HMI 2.5 to 3.5?

GM is releasing wireless Android Auto and CarPlay:
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/04/gm-begins-rollout-for-wireless-apple-carplay-android-auto/

Not sure what the HMI version will be, so I am calling it 3.5.  There is a thread rolling around - with an unfulfilled vendor promise - of going from 2.5 to 3.0.  Though an upgrade, it isn't the upgrade going to wireless AA/CP will be.  This kind of upgrade might actually make the wireless charger useful!

Any vendors in the beginning stages of doing this?  I'm willing to spend some money on this upgrade.

12 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

Any vendors in the beginning stages of doing this?  I'm willing to spend some money on this upgrade.

Same here.  Subbed.

This really is a “Great time to get a T1 truck!” type of situation. We’ve done work retrofitting an entire 3.0 system into a Camaro and while we got it all working it was an export vehicle so it had some facets that made it easier for numerous things (no onstar to contend with etc). This mainly was "easier" as it was a 2017 going to the 2019 up level 3.0 and  being it was the same generation of vehicle parts that fit etc were available whereas K2 to T1 doesn't have that luxury sadly. I would never go as far as to say it’s impossible but it definitely tips the “whats your time, sanity and money worth” scale.

If you want to discuss specifics drop us a line from the website and we can go over all the modules and wiring that will need to be changed/added etc.

• Like 1