Biggest tow for 2500 6.0

Online said max 5th wheel is 14800. Ill round that up to 15000 lol. Just curious if anyone has done it. I only tow 4 times a year and my city driving is only 10 minutes and this is my commuter car. I would kill the diesel engine, it would never warm up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Online said max 5th wheel is 14800. Ill round that up to 15000 lol. Just curious if anyone has done it. I only tow 4 times a year and my city driving is only 10 minutes and this is my commuter car. I would kill the diesel engine, it would never warm up.

Tbh....I bet it would do it. That engine ain’t afraid to work. Slap a whipplecharger on there and let er eat. [emoji1687]

Tbh....I bet it would do it. That engine ain’t afraid to work. Slap a whipplecharger on there and let er eat. [emoji1687]
Im looking into headers now, but no real info on what fits. So far i have a black bear tune. My current setup is a travel trailer around 11k lbs @ 40' loaded with a 700lb golf cart in the bed. Steepest grade i pull is 5% for 5 miles and she does it. 3c78ab1acb0cd597710bf7cb3c45974f.jpg

Damn......that’s a load. Our toyhauler is only around 8k loaded up. Like you, were only hauling that 5-6 times a year, that’s why I opted for the 6.0. Friend of ours has a lifted 17’ HD 6.0 on 40’s with a whipple and he can roast the tires [emoji51]

Damn......that’s a load. Our toyhauler is only around 8k loaded up. Like you, were only hauling that 5-6 times a year, that’s why I opted for the 6.0. Friend of ours has a lifted 17’ HD 6.0 on 40’s with a whipple and he can roast the tires [emoji51]
Who did his tune and where did he get the package from. I run e85 so would live to see the whipple numbers on e85

17 hours ago, cmysstailights said:

Whats the biggest you towed with a 15-19 2500 6.0. Looking to upgrade trailer and looking at a 5th wheel loaded around 14k lbs

14k trailer?  Its literally at the limit for a crew cab gas standard box 4x4 2500hd.   

If you are looking for any sort of safety net, which I sure as hell would, a 1 ton SRW crew standard diesel is it.  17200lbs 5th wheel towing.  

Or...if you go to the new 2020, its 16650lbs 5th wheel for a gas 2500hd crew standard 4x4 if you wanted to stay gas.    

Edited by newdude

14k trailer?  Its literally at the limit for a crew cab gas standard box 4x4 2500hd.   

If you are looking for any sort of safety net, which I sure as hell would, a 1 ton SRW crew standard diesel is it.  17200lbs 5th wheel towing.  

Or...if you go to the new 2020, its 16650lbs 5th wheel for a gas 2500hd crew standard 4x4 if you wanted to stay gas.    

Whats the difference in gas motor 1ton from 3/4

39 minutes ago, cmysstailights said:

Whats the difference in gas motor 1ton from 3/4

2015-2019 there is no difference in the 5th wheel tow with gas engine.  14000lbs for a crew standard box 4x4.