HELP Bad News Sounds Coming From Engine (VIDEO)

Has anyone ever had GM cover something that is borderline like this? I think the warranty is 60k miles or 5 years. It is a 2013.5 so its been like 6 years and they are under no obligation...

Does GM ever cost share in these sort of instances? The shop quoted me $2000 labor + $3200 for a new long block installed. $5200 total. ?

5 hours ago, beefey said:

I feel like running it could lead to catastrophic failure given it's so bad. Is that unfounded?

It is a definite possibility, but it is one way to diagnose the noise.

5 hours ago, beefey said:

Has anyone ever had GM cover something that is borderline like this? I think the warranty is 60k miles or 5 years. It is a 2013.5 so its been like 6 years and they are under no obligation...

Does GM ever cost share in these sort of instances? The shop quoted me $2000 labor + $3200 for a new long block installed. $5200 total. ?

Unless you bought it new, and did all services with dealer, I would not get my hopes up. Again are those the correct exhaust manifold bolts? Really need more information, was the only work they did was the manifold bolts? Did they change the oil? Etc.