Lifting 2020 AT4

Thinking of lifting my 2020 AT4. Looking at BDS 4”. So that’d be 6” total. Would like to get 35’s on. How much height would they add from stock 18” wheels and 285s in addition To the lift?

Unsure what wheels. 18’s or 20’s. Don’t want to ruin the ride. It rides great now w factory 18’s and the duratracs (IMO). Way more comfy than my 2019 Tacoma w a 3” and 285s. Looking at Fuel and XD. The 35s are gonna kill my mpg too I’m guessing lol. 

Thanks guys. The is my first GM truck. Drive German sports cars before getting more practical w my Tacoma by missed the plushness. Very happy so far. 

BDS is one of the best options - I would get the adjustable coilovers in the front for more ride refinement flexibility (soft for street and firm for off road).  Fox may have a piggyback coilover availabe for the rear, which would be an upgrade from the 2.0 in the current kit offering.  BDS has been working on adding a 2.5" for the rear but don't have it up yet. 

My AT4 was 38" high in front stock - went to 40" with RL SST 2" level kit.  My buddy has 4" BDS on his - he is at 42" - so full 6" from stock truck and 4" higher in front from what you have stock.  I plan to get BDS lift once the 2.5" rear comes out.   If you have stock 18's they won't work with BDS kit per BDS-  Factory 17-18" wheels cannot be reinstalled due to tie rod end interference, stock 20" wheels can be reinstalled

Link BDS: https://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=5&mo=1&ty=113&yr=2019-2020

Per BDS - here is what will tire will fit with 4" coilover lift kit - 

*Trimming may be required*

• Tire & Wheel Combinations
  • 37x12.50 w/20x9/22x9 and 5.5-6.25" back spacing
  • 35x12.50 w/20x9/22x9 and 5.5-6.25" back spacing
  • 35x12.50 w/17x9/18x9/20x9 and 4.5" back spacing

I’m in the process of finalizing my decision on lifting my 2020 AT4 with BDS as well. They do show a link on their site for  the 2.5 as well as the 4”. I’ve also spoken to them and they are both available for the AT4 and TB. I want to go with the 2.5 for a total of 4” over the 4” for a total of 6. With the 2.5 they say you can fit 35’s, I’m sure with some trimming. There’s a 20 Chevy in town with a 4” BDS and 35’s and it loooks perfect to me??

I shouldn't have posted from my phone before. Wow that was ugly lol.

Appreciate the thoughts. I have read more and agree BDS w coilovers, Fox shocks and new UCA is how I would go. 4" on top of the factory 2". And I did see the wheel recs from BDS. I was looking at Fuel Vapor 20s. The back spacing stuff always confuses me to be honest. 35x12.5 is the tire I was looking at.

How will the ride be on 20" wheels, 35s and the BDS coilover w Fox? Like I said I really dont want it as go kart like as my Tacoma was. I upgraded in part due to the more plush ride. I will not be off roading. And I am getting 15.6mpg average right now. I think I could do better if I toned it down and kept it under 80mph on my high way commuting. How big a hit will the mpg take? 

45 minutes ago, BetaX said:

What motor?

I have the 5.3, I averaged 14 mpg on my 4k mile trip this last week going between 75-82 mph. Was at 18 mpg before the new tires.

285/75/18 Ridge Grapplers. Would expect a bigger drop with 12.50's.

Hmmm....

I have the 6.2. 

gotta pay to play I guess

One thing you can do - if you run the 4" lift vs the 2.5" is you can set the springs a 0 preload - which will reduce the height of the lift to closer to the 2.5" lift and you get the benefit of the longer shocks and added travel, but don't give up some of the gas mileage of lift - I figure you lose 2 mpg for every 2" of lift - tires seem to impact over 35" more than below - the lift of the truck putting it up in the air is the biggest impact on mpg.

I also have a 6.2 - have 8,000 miles on my truck - 14.5 mpg average since day 1 - just did at 1,200 mile road trip - got 16.4, no trailer - so not bad.   with trailer at 55-65 get 10-12 mpg - over 65 mpg plumments fast.