Bad fuel pump - 2019 Siverado

2019 Silverado with 25k - A few weeks ago I noticed a longer start up. I could release the key and it kept turning over another 1 or 2 seconds until it started. Noticed some hesitations on take off. So while driving it on 8-3 I get a email from OnStar saying something was wrong with my engine/transmission and to get it into the dealer within 1 day. So I called immediately only to be told they had no spots open. I told him what the OnStar message said and he told me to get it in between 1 and 2 pm the next day. So I get there and wait about an hour and he tells me it's throwing a fuel pump code. Says it will take some time so they call a rental company to bring me a truck. It's been 10 days now. I expected a few days at most. I feel because it's a warranty issue that its getting put to the back of the line to get paying customers. I Love my truck and it's been a great truck. The dealer keeping it more than a few days is ridiculous.  OnStar did saved me from being stuck out somewhere and having to be towed in.... so I give an A+ for OnStar. If I don't get it back today.....the Dealer gets a big fat F.   I've left a message today.....with no return call yet. I'm starting to think It's more than just a fuel pump. Maybe a bad fuel module.

UPDATE....called twice today because nobody would return my call. They tell me the part came in today but it wold be Monday before they could change it. I have a bad feeling that I get to drive this rental another week. The only good thing is that I'm not running miles up on my truck. The bad news is that Id rather be driving mine

Edited by DanTN
update and edit

2020 Sierra SLT with 1421 miles on it. While going to appointments all morning we stopped for lunch and when done the truck won't start much less stay running. Dealership was just 1 mile down the road. Told to have it towed in. Luckily  it started when I turned it on to get the mileage for the tow request and we promptly drove right to the dealer. Check engine light was on now on. 

The code indicated the pump module / pump / wiring  was bad. We have a loaner "tin can" to drive  home. It's Friday after 3 so parts can't be ordered, won't be looked at till Monday at this point anyway. Then the question is how long will it take for the parts to arrive?

Seeing the comments above and a few other places this doesn't look to be a quick fix.

UPDATE:   It took 13 days for me to get mine back. The fuel pump DIED on them after I pulled into the service bay. Man I was lucky OnStar automation emailed me.

Almost two week is slow... but I'm happy its fixed and under warranty.