Loose air vents

Anyone notice the vent adjustments, specifically the vertical adjustment, is really loose?

I just noticed it today.  Probably around the 90 degree temp in a parking lot most of the day, I left work and with a small bump the vent moved to a lower position.  It will move with just the slightest touch (the driver right side mostly).  I played around with the other ones and also noticed  how little friction there is to keep them where they are pointed.

About 3000 miles on her.

Has grumpy bear touched on this? ?

Mine was the same way. Drivers side right vent. The passenger side left vent too, but not as bad. Just earlier this week I ended up disassembling the center dash so I could get to the vents. Completely disassembled the vent down to the louvers (??). Ended up using my heat gun to slightly reshape/fatten/tighten where the the louvers are held in place. It now has just a bit more resistance to where they won’t fall on their own anymore.

Took me about an hour (maybe a bit more), and I figure was easier than messing with trying to get the dealer to fix it.

• Like 1

Absolutely the right side driver vent slides down on its own and shuts itself off. Very annoying. Thought I was the only one.

Had my truck coming up on a year now with 3300 miles and thinking about oil change #1. Was going to bring it up to the dealer along with the other standard recall issue(s).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, psk256 said:

Anyone notice the vent adjustments, specifically the vertical adjustment, is really loose?

I just noticed it today.  Probably around the 90 degree temp in a parking lot most of the day, I left work and with a small bump the vent moved to a lower position.  It will move with just the slightest touch (the driver right side mostly).  I played around with the other ones and also noticed  how little friction there is to keep them where they are pointed.

About 3000 miles on her.

Has grumpy bear touched on this? ?

Take it back to your dealer and make them replace all that are not to your satisfaction.  They should not do that in any temperature.  All of the OE's test their plastics for this kind of stuff and my guess is due to this COVID crap they changed suppliers. 

Take it back to your dealer and make them replace all that are not to your satisfaction.  They should not do that in any temperature.  All of the OE's test their plastics for this kind of stuff and my guess is due to this COVID crap they changed suppliers. 

Well mine was built 07/19...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro