Eibach Pro-Truck vs. Bilstein 5100

Hey all, I'm on the fence between the Eibach Pro-Truck kit and Bilstein 5100's.  Just looking to level my truck and fix the complete sh*t factory damping.  Is there an actual benefit with the replacement spring included in the Eibach kit?  Not planning on adding any additional weight to the front of the truck via bumper/winch/etc.  Concerned that the stiffer spring will have a negative affect on ride vs. just replacing the dampers.

Also wondering if the Eibach shocks are digressive like the Bilsteins.  I drive on a lot of dirt roads/washboard and have heard digressive shocks can be a bit harsh.

Edited by MantanaB6

Thanks for starting this thread, I am looking to buy one of these as well. 

Curious to know:

1. which ride is better?

2. which gives more lift without using the top setting?
3. what is the benefit of buying the new springs?

On 9/9/2020 at 3:35 PM, ScX31 said:

Thanks for starting this thread, I am looking to buy one of these as well. 

Curious to know:

1. which ride is better?

2. which gives more lift without using the top setting?
3. what is the benefit of buying the new springs?

Eibach springs are STIFF, I had them on my 2017, and the benefit is additional lift.  Just talking shock adjustment, Eibach 2" lift max and Bilstein 2.5" lift max.  Bilstein does make a 5100 shock for the TB/AT4 that would be 3.1" over stock on a standard truck, I wouldn't recommend going over 2" without upgrading control arms.

Ride is the same between the shocks, I have Eibach on this truck, and Bilstein 5100s on my previous 2 trucks.

Edited by pewterliftedz

I have 10k on my 2020 RST that was purchased new six months ago. 8k was on a Ready-Lift front under-strut spacer, last 1k on the Eibach pro kit. I have not noticed any degradation in ride quality with the Eibachs at all. It certainly handles way better and floats way less, which is why I went with it. 

On 9/12/2020 at 4:09 AM, cseaman said:

I have 10k on my 2020 RST that was purchased new six months ago. 8k was on a Ready-Lift front under-strut spacer, last 1k on the Eibach pro kit. I have not noticed any degradation in ride quality with the Eibachs at all. It certainly handles way better and floats way less, which is why I went with it. 

Sounds like what I’m looking for.  Have you had a chance to test it out in any dirt roads/washboard?