2017 Silverado no power won’t turn on /no dash lights

Hello everyone I’m having a problem with my 2017 Silverado it’s a 5.3 regular cab short bed. About 2 days ago I was going to work in the morning I was hit with the low battery charge on the display . so I got my truck jumped it kicked on everything normal . I get to work and I turn it off later I come back to start it nothing no dash lights I can turn the key and it clicks once . I call triple a we get a new battery in there nothing battery is fine . All my accessory lights work button unlocks / locks . Hazards work and taillights but only one of my headlights turn on . Has anyone had this issue before or know what it might be I’m kind of lost and don’t know much about electrical thank you !

Edited by Alexm2017
Added more info

Sorry this happened to you, but it is pretty normal. The stock batteries suck if you still have one. I just replaced my 2017 battery  last year, the build date of my truck was from October 2016 so my battery lasted roughly 3years.

I had similar symptoms.. one day out of the blue no start or inadequate starting. No power, battery looked good but when I replaced it with a new battery everything was fine. Haven’t had a problem since. 

My recommendation would be just buy a good battery with decent warranty from your preferred retailer. 

• Like 1

I just went through something similar. Check your mega fuses off the battery terminal that sits on top of the battery. I had no power to any of my fuse boxes. No power inside cab (dash, gauges, radio etc.) Door locks worked and one headlight - didn't look at tail lights. Good luck! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2020 at 11:48 AM, ATXchevy said:

I just went through something similar. Check your mega fuses off the battery terminal that sits on top of the battery. I had no power to any of my fuse boxes. No power inside cab (dash, gauges, radio etc.) Door locks worked and one headlight - didn't look at tail lights. Good luck! 

Wow amazing man thank you so much this was actually the cause of it ! Same exact symptoms where I circled with yellow on that picture there was no power going there so I unscrewed the nut , and touched the cable to the tab on the left and I hear chimes in the cab horn went off ! Also had the wifey hold it meanwhile I tried to start it and it did glad to know this was just it was thinking about the big bill Already haha 

2CE7A220-49F6-4B2B-AEDD-58E02AE76DE9.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

I came back from a month's vacation and my 2017 Silverado is experiencing the same issues. No power to dashboard, no crank....one headlight turns on, fob locks and unlocks vehicle, turning signals work. I replaced the battery...nothing.  All fuses are good in cabin and under hood. I did notice one of the terminals on large fuse sitting on battery is not getting any voltage to it. However, I hard wired across it and still nothing happened. 

Any advice would greatly be appreciated. 

Zocky, I was frustrated with this all day and finally figued it out. One headlight coming on, no power at all. Look at the above picture. See the black ground wire? I popped the bolt out and stuck it in the hole just above it, tightened the ground to that hoe and it started right up. Gotta force it a bit due to the stupid plastic, or you can saw it off. Hope this helps

Edit: quick check before you go through the trouble.... If it doesn't spark on the current terminal and does on the one above it, that's the issue. How I figured it out.

Edited by Shane Donahue

1 hour ago, Shane Donahue said:

See the black ground wire? I popped the bolt out and stuck it in the hole just above it, tightened the ground to that hoe and it started right up. Gotta force it a bit due to the stupid plastic, or you can saw it off. Hope this helps

Just for clarification, I don't think that's a ground wire. I know that these trucks are known for problematic grounds but that black wire is bolted inside the power center so pretty sure it's just another positive wire. Bad things can happen if a ground wire is accidentally connected to a positive source....

10 hours ago, mikeyk101 said:

Just for clarification, I don't think that's a ground wire. I know that these trucks are known for problematic grounds but that black wire is bolted inside the power center so pretty sure it's just another positive wire. Bad things can happen if a ground wire is accidentally connected to a positive source....

You could be right. However, my truck has been working fine since. I'm going to the dealer to have them check it today and I'll report back.

• Like 1

Thank you guys for reply. I'm still dealing with this problem. If you look at the attached image, I have circled one of the prongs that reads no voltage. All the other locations have full voltage except this one? The kicker, there is no accessory or cable attached to this location. I think its only a bolt and nut to secure fuse to housing. 

IMG_7539.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 9/28/2020 at 12:13 PM, Alexm2017 said:

Wow amazing man thank you so much this was actually the cause of it ! Same exact symptoms where I circled with yellow on that picture there was no power going there so I unscrewed the nut , and touched the cable to the tab on the left and I hear chimes in the cab horn went off ! Also had the wifey hold it meanwhile I tried to start it and it did glad to know this was just it was thinking about the big bill Already haha 

2CE7A220-49F6-4B2B-AEDD-58E02AE76DE9.jpeg