Tailgate Cable Request

I have a couple of questions. If you have a 2017, could you take a picture of the 'upper' end of the cable where it mounts to the boxside and the actual bolt. I made hinges a couple of years and no longer have the OEM cables. Even though there is no binding on the trunnions w/ the hinges installed, I'm wonder if they are causing the less than stellar bushing life. More recent 1 didn't last 2 months before coming apart. 

So I ordered new parts at the dealer & when I looked at the truck, the cables are too short & the bolts don't look anything like the parts on my brother's 2016.

PNs for the LH & RH cables & upper boxside bolts would be great for when I return to the dealer.

PS, they had the VIN of my truck when they looked up the parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply and thank you!. Yes the parts the dealer ordered were the same as pictured. My concern was that my brother and nephew both have '16s which have a different cable. That cable has a 'keyhole' style hole @ the upper end & a 'retaining clip'. I'm guessing that the beancounters know that w/ the back up camera & tailgate lock harness making tailgate removal problematic, the older cable that allows for easy tailgate removal could be superceded.

I wonder if the older cables could work on my 2017. I'd rather be able to remove the tailgate with no tools.
Of course I have not looked at how the cables disconnect, if they do that is.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, dplarson said:

I wonder if the older cables could work on my 2017. I'd rather be able to remove the tailgate with no tools.
Of course I have not looked at how the cables disconnect, if they do that is.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I think the bolts would have to be replaced on the box side end.